How are the devs and the game shaping up?

Nice to see the unarmed combat features clenched fists and overall feels more brutal. The open palm fighting we saw earlier might be authentic but to me it felt like teen girls doing slap contest.

I guess, they made something like, if youā€™re fighting against armored opponent you are fighting with the opened palm , but when against the normal guy, youā€™re fighting with fists. Maybe, iā€™m wrong and havenā€™t noticed something.

I hope you have to learn this specific fighting technique somehow and if you are fighting with your knuckled fists against armored opponents you will hurt yourself :slight_smile:

This is great video. Finally to see some more content, like fighting guards and jail. It is well thought.

but jail is game over in this part (tutorial like) of the game :smiley: that is funny

Most likely because of time actually progressing outside of the jail. And while you are in jail the enemy attacks and burns down the castle.

I hope when you are in jail throughout the rest of the game, this wonā€™t mean a game over.

Of course not :slight_smile:

But this brings the question: How long would a vilain normally spend in prision for assaulting a city guard? If it is more than a summer, that would break the story of KC:D , and a couple of days seem too short for me.

AN intervention from your Lord to release you because you are on an important mission might do the trick, depending on the gravity of your crime, but I guess he would not tolerate being jailed more than once.

Maybe they made something like: Your lord is payed for you or someone is gonna help you to get out. Or just we close our eyes on this thing. Iā€™m fine with whatever timescale it would take, cus they made it interesting to happen.

Another gameplay from pax :slight_smile:

1 Like

The timing is 2:41:20 for KC:D, lads. I love the looks of the new introduction video and how does the map looks like. The guys, who drew this are gods. And the game looked smooth, so my expectations are fine by now. :upside_down_face:

P.S Watched till the endā€¦ Just 13/10. But, AI(Or animators) guys need to turn off this thinking animation for people in talking. And itā€™s even just a demo build as the girl said.

And now it comes back to the very first prototype play

The good things:

1: The visor mechanic up and down and the visual depiction :slight_smile:
2: The wooden sword depiction has been very nicely solved. Captain Bernhard just draws it out of his scabbard, henry should also have a scabbard for his wooden sword and the problem would be solved :slight_smile:
3: The combat looks more and more fluid
4: Well the game looks more and more round, besides the small details. I hope you are still working on the visual bugs (depictions of models, animationsā€¦)
5: The intro looks better :slight_smile:
6: The codex is fine too :slight_smile:

The bad things (small details but they matter :slight_smile: ):

1: No cuman scabbards (Really :frowning: )
2: No suspensions. I was wrong, there is ONE outside of cutscenes, Sir Bernhard has, it after looking frame by frame I noticed it :). But unfortunately the other still need to be applied :slight_smile:
3: No quiver slings
4: No shield slings
5: The bow is still worn ā€¦ less then good :frowning:
6: The scabbards disappears when characters are killed Come on :frowning:
7: No eating animation in-inventory
8: No On-Camera Mercy Kills
9: Somehow facial animation are off and the hands seem not so detailed
10: can we disable those objective indicators. It is not very good to see that ā€œOptional objectives like sabotage has failedā€. The consequences should be presented visibly and they will if you play, personally I donā€™t need them. I can open the quest log anyway when I like.
11: The alpha prototype seemed to have more objects and particle effects (trees, smoke,ā€¦) Is this my imagination or is the hour wrong and smoke will come out of the houses, when the NPCs are cooking?
12: Arrow tracers are more worse then before :frowning:
13: The thinking pose is too overused.
14: Still no visible bruised and wounds after sowrd slashes, stabs :frowning:
15: Swords do not bend

Comments by Time

2:46:39: This guard is idiotic - No sword, no staffed weapon (guards should always have double weaponry as the guard @2:54:11
2:48:42: Nice guards, need staffed weapons besides their swords as the guard @2:54:11
2:50:00: The whole sequence: There is a marvelous depiction and two fatal flaws.

The marvelous depiction. The lordships does not wear their swords in scabbards, but the suspensions are there, as they should be. The swords in scabbards are usually kept in a sword stand, in the same room and here is the fatal flaw, we do not see the stand with the swords in scabbards. It would be marvelous if the stand would be there :slight_smile: Also the next fatal flaw: He says ā€œmy swords hangs here by my sideā€ā€¦ So two options @warhorse

Option 1: A sword stand and a changed dialog line
Option 2: No sword stands but scabbards with swords on the models :slight_smile:

For now the flaws are there and ruins the marvelous depiction. Please donā€™t tell me you did not found this on your QS-Sessions :slight_smile:

3:00:12: The knight is marvelous (dagger in a scabbard on the belt and also a Knight from area off 1320-1380, as seen on the nice chains, which are connected to his sword @warhorse any chance to see such armor with chains, as a relic :wink: )
3:03:47: Cumans with bow scabbards, where they in the game, the bow is still sticked to the model :frowning:
3:06:40: Fuck those prices are the real DEAL :slight_smile: Good that you are using more real prices for armor and weapons than those fantasy prices :slight_smile:
3:06:42: Why does the shopkeeper has ā€œbandit itemsā€ for sell?
3:07:15: The shield iconography is missing their slings :frowning:
3:26:00: Still no slings for quivers and the bow wearing is still ā€¦ :frowning:
3:28:00: Sir Razig has no Sword :frowning:
3:28:58: Perfect drawing out of the scabbard without any clipping, should be the same for the sheating @3:21:27
3:29:04: Very bad drawing animation fro the character (I saw it frame by frame :frowning: )
3:29:55: Those arrow tracers are more ugly then ever :frowning:
3:31:44: You can see here as from frame 1 to frame 2 a sacrilege happens. A object (here scabbard) disappears immediately :frowning:
3:32:06: In the scenes some NPCs are missing their scabbards :frowning:
3:33:43: No fire laying animation

Questions

1: We see the pickpocket option, but there are no bags on the models, as shown in the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2qcJxkmXk
I hope this will be possible if we have equipped a knife :slight_smile:

Letā€™s just stick with the version of the outdated demo for now. I believe, that people like Vavra and others in the team wonā€™t make such a mistake. Just remember mafia and other games by them. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah agreed, but never forget, keen outside eyes sees things guys in the QS department might overlook :slight_smile:

Yeah, youā€™re doing right things, but iā€™m still pleased by the game. Iā€™ll forgive missed scabbards for better story, good dialogues, battle system and new technologies and choices.

I am pleased as well. Because the game is so good you are noticing such small details and they hurt. Well at least me. If it were for a mere fantasy game I wouldnā€™t care so much. Itā€™s a curse and blessing being a good game like KCD :slight_smile:

Letā€™s just wait for a full game and see, what was done for the long run by the team of Warhorse. Iā€™m still pleased and i hope, that iā€™ll be pleased at release. :ok_hand:

that cutscene with nobles was really cool (I wish she dindnt talk tho)

do you guys have more new footage?