How did you find out about kingdom come deliverance?

First time I heard about the game was early 2014, and believe it or not was over the gamergate and sjw stuff. I kept hearing about attacks about kingdom come and couldn’t understand why.

I love medieval games but always lacking, I played Warcraft, played mmorpg like asherons call and everquest or ultima. I was glad asherons call you could only play as a human. Most fantasy games pushed me away because of the monster element and magic. I want raw gritty history.

I saw this site medievalPOC making this big deal out of using silly images of queen of Sheba from Ethiopia and trying to claim things not true, looked like a revisionists site and I figured I experience the same thing how people refer to the jews as not knowing our own history and trying to modify it for us.

I saw the negative had more information from me to seek the truth, and when I saw the first stream from vavra, I knew I wanted to support the game.

A developer didn’t cave in to popular opinion and wants to make a video game based off his heritage, culture and history. I applaud that. It’s a shame people can’t just enjoy a game for what it is.

So thanks to negative publicity , I became a backer :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Me and coworker were at work (at the time I was baking bread on a production line) talking about Skyrim and how it was overall a let done and how I really wish some developer would step up and innovate the industry take some risks.

He told me about a Kickstarter campaign he just seen for a game that looked promising. I looked it up and of course the Kickstarter ended like 5 days before I made am account, thankfully WH had their homepage setup and I was able to make the first of many pledge’s!

I saw a random tweet from IGN about KCD. I decided to check it out and I couldn’t believe that they were making a game without dragons or magic. I was ecstatic! Still can’t believe I’m working for such an awesome company,

2 Likes

Saw the Kickstarter trailer for it the day it started, and i backed it the same day.

Saw a short article on IGN and had to look deeper. When I realized the depth and breadth of WH’s ambition with it, I HAD to back it. Partly because it’s just an incredibly cool concept and partly because my family on my grandmother’s side hails from the geographic region featured. I mean, how could I not become a backer? Lol

I’ve been a huge fan of Dan Vavra’s work ever since the incredible Mafia for the PC. Thus, I’ve been closely following his doings and naturally got to know about KCD as soon as Warhorse mentioned it.

Lucky, I envy someone with such a rich history, I love Czech republic. My dads family is all from Romania but mom’s German. Mainly from Saarland.

I found out through a friend’s Facebook post -His group does historical combat in full armor and they mentioned that KCD tries to realistically simulate melee combat (the game has a lot more to go, in my opinion) so I volunteered to evaluate it.

I have participated in the Medieval/Renaissance organization, the SCA, since 1974 and witnessed its evolution from guys hitting each other with sticks to people who actually recreate Medieval martial arts and open field combat with thousands of fighters.
Renaissance Rapier combat in Hawaii:

I probably saw it mentioned somewhere and googled it, or maybe I accidentally found the original blog back somewhere around 12/2011.

I hoped (and still do) for medieval Flashpoint :slight_smile:

Via a random websites top ten list of upcoming RPGs.

I was so annoyed when found out how many months I didn’t know about it-____-

It was on my friend’s Steam account, and it looked interesting. I watched some videos on YouTube, and played a little. Then the beta came out, and there was a lot of new interest.

Now… We’re just kinda waiting. Every now and then something is released on the WH YT channel, or a games conference. I also read these forums every now and then too.

Kickstarter

I heard they were planning to support Linux, and I back Linux development whenever I can. So I jumped in and pledged.

I actually don’t know what caused my attention, but I followed the developement since the Kickstarter campaign. The concept is kind of my dreamgame. I never liked the fantasie stuff, always played rpgs as a swordsmen and not a magician and loved the medieval aspect of the games but they never satisfied me. So I am really looking forward to this game. I could play the beta but I refuse to play and watch any gamecontent till it’s finished. I want a fresh experience when its done.

all aboard the Linux train!

Off course it was Linux, why I supported this game.

Well I found out about Kingdom Come: Deliverance by looking up “Realistic Medieval RPG”. Of course Mount and Blade popped up which I have already played numerous hours of but also this little game whose kickstarter wasn’t even over with also appeared. I waited until recently to buy the game but I am proud to say that I love this game so far! Even with 1280x720 with medium graphics it looks beautiful and the combat I love as I feel like I’m actually fighting with a sword. (Something I used to practice!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this topic for discussion! I decided to make a mini contest on both Reddit and Steam. Y’all can even copy and paste the same responses for each page if you’d like. Check it out!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/286860/discussions/0/343788552544686373/

When I found about KCD, it’s name wasn’t announced yet. During a discussion about maps of open world games, someone linked Daniel Vávra’s blog. After reading it I was curious about this game. I read older posts too and started following his blog.

So you decide to make a contest off of a thread on the official forums and then make it so the forum member’s have to Re-post in order to enter?

Totally seems logical, absolutely helping that growing impression that the community here is cared for.

So you at least going to send @mythical a Hat since it was his thread that gave you the idea in the first place?

3 Likes