How do I choose which console for kickstater

Unfortunately it is not possible to choose two different versions for the physical and digital copy for logistical reasons.

Thatā€™s disappointing and I donā€™t really see why it would be difficult to send either a PC or a PS4/Xbox physical version when thatā€™s logically handled separately from the digital distribution.

Looking at the profile page it does say that ā€œthe beta will be replaced with a steam code on releaseā€, with underneath a selection box for what seems to be the physical edition. So imho it does look like you get a steam digital download code and could choose PS4/Xbox as physical, which I suspect lots of people would like to do (and probably have/will choose, expecting both).

But if thatā€™s really somehow impossible, then perhaps the profile page with the platform selection should be changed to be very clear on what youā€™re choosing there. (But Iā€™m still hoping itā€™s going to be possible to have a steam digital and a PS4 physical so I can play on both.)

Edit;
Ah well, the Kickstarter FAQ does say same platform for 1 license, both physical and digital. Although for Duke tiers and above (who get 2 licenses) it says: ā€œThe physical and ā€˜firstā€™ digital copy again have to be for the same platform, but the extra license can be for a different one.ā€. So sadly for me at Baron tier I guess itā€™s just one platform, but the Dukes should be able to choose a different platform for their 2nd license.

Honestly though, I hope you guys reconsider and make having a steam digital with console physical possible for 1st license as well.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will check about that.

Thank you @DaftMav. That was my understanding that Duke and above would get a second digital copy of the game on the platform of choice.

@DrFusselpulli, thanks for looking into it.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it.
Wouldnā€™t it be harder to send a PS4 key instead of a Steam key?
Also would the PS4 key show up in my profile instead of the Steam key?

Any news on this?

I would be also interested. Moreover what about the newly ā€œpre-order-bonusā€ I hope backers will get it as wellā€¦

Is there a way how to switch the version from PC to console? I can see in my profile i have PC version, but I have originally intended to play on PS4. I havenā€™t found any way here how to change it.

Deadline to change was the 26th of November. You can always contact Warhorse and they might change it. But I doubt it this close to release date.