How do I create a mod for this game when it's released?

I want to make a mod/some mods that is adding and/or replacing items. For example I want to replace a regular helmet with a fedora, not saying that what I would do. What do I need to learn to be able to do this? I also want to know how to replace non inventory stuff, like a boat. It’s far to early to go in to specific stuff as I just did, but what can I do to prepare for when the game is released? Since it’s cryengine 3 you should be able to prepare alot for the game, right?

TL;DR I want to make a mod with content. What do I need to know to prepare for launch?

I also want to know how to edit and add animations for combat.

Another thing: will there be an editor for Mac/Linux? Or we have to hack our way through?

i hope that they release official modding tools that work, if not for the 1st act than at least for the second

I would assume they would use the same method they used in Crysis 3 in which you could edit the game to your liking by using the CryEngine provided by the game itself.

Crydev.net used to have a link to a Crysis 3 editor, I’m not sure if it’s still there, if it is you can gain your bearings there.

2 Likes

Thanks! Now lets see what I can do by messing around in it

Well… WH have stated they are going to release the same tools, that they use for this game. And then there’s the Cryengine 3 SDK.

1 Like

Sorry about the delay, the CryEngine only supports Windows OS, so yes, however I’m sure it would run fine if you use the wine application.

But the files generated by the free available Cryengine 3 SDK be compatible with the versions created exclusive to Mac/Linux by WH with their version of Cryengine? I hope so. So we could use wine or download mods made by people in other systems.