How does injuring body parts work and how do I modify it?

Hey guys,
I found the damage multiplier for body parts and I am wondering if I can make it so it is almost impossible to insta-die from leg-shots or -hits.
You can make enemies limp and wound them, but they should not ragdoll to the floor when hit by an arrow in the knee (just kills immersion).
Can this be implemented by lowering the damage multiplier for legs (for this example) or do I have to do more?

Also: do you guys know where I can find the threshold for NPCs surrendering, running away or lying down and bleeding out?

BR
tschiesas

I would say an arrow to the knee joint would put anybody down.
As to an insta-kill perhaps stop fighting or a very slow limp away perhaps , ya. but out of the fight.

I think the damage taken by enemies, either bow, sword or any other weapon, has a lot to do with your stats.
For example, if your strength plus your bow levels maxed out to 20, then any hit they take will cause maximum damage.
If you pay close attention to your sword stats, for example, you’ll see that, when a swords has 50 slash in stats, when you’re leveled out, that could jump to 69.
I saw videos on YouTube of people complaining about how the game is supposed to be broken because they couldn’t cause any damage.
It was so obvious they don’t understand the leveling system in the game.
If you have level 1 bow skill for example, you need like 19 arrows to kill a sheep from up close!

I tried yesterday and the results were varying:
I managed to make one guy extremely slow by putting three arrows in his right leg.
All other enemies didnt really respond (in terms of adapting movement) to arrows in the legs (although one guy was able to take 5 arrows to one leg before ragdolling).
What I am curious about is where to find the values in the config files for behaviors like “slowing down when hit in the leg” or similar. Does anyone know?