How old is Henry, or what do you think about KDC characters age

Let’s get this straight. We all know in the begginning of the game Henry is a teenager - he doesn’t know anything, he has no outstanding abilities, he’s reckless and lightheaded as teens usually are. On the other hand, it is made clear that in the setting, I mean in XV century, a man was considered adult in the age of 15. Henry is obviously older than 15, I’d say, judging from his face, especially his bristle, he’s about 18-20, even adjusted for Middle Age when people looked older than now. Which should mean in the begginning of the story Henry is fully adult man who might be already married and even have children. However, when we arrive to Uzhits to conduct an investigation and in some other cases a number of people pay attention on how young he is, like “I didn’t know Sir Radzig hires children”, etc. Would like to see other participants ideas about how actually old (or young) the main character is and how that fits in with the main setting and his appearance.

Well he already has a decent beard so he should be at least around 18 or 19. I personally would say he looks like 24-25 years old although that’s probably not the case.

According to this interview with Will Powers of the publisher Deep Silver, Henry is 27(ish).

How accurate that is it’s hard to say. Certainly Henry in appearance and behaviour appears closer to later teens/ early twenties as suggested in the OP.

I’m not sure for the early C15th, the time of the story, however by 1566-1619 the average age at marriage for women was 27 years old, so older than might be expected. Even allowing for the difference in time, it’s not implausible that Henry was 27 as men tended be be a bit older when marrying perhaps down to social position and ability of the family to offer a reasonable dowry.

It just feels more like we play a character in his early twenties than later twenties.

I’m not sure there is confirmation of actual age which would be interesting to know.

1 Like

Quite right, Henry’s behaviour during the story looks very unlikely he’s around 30. Plus, it wouldn’t occur to anyone to call him a child if he was at that age. I had an impression that Henry and his friends from Skalitz are around 20 and up to 25, but not older.