How to escape from starting town without dying in the process?

Actually, I’d like to know what the title asks, really!..

…So, I’ve made it to the cutscene where the hero tries to escape, on horse, from the (starting) town, and he gets an arrow at his leg from one of his persecutors. However, by the time i gallop to reach the point where there is a “fork” in the road (“Y”-shaped path) near the small river / pond, i DIE from bleeding (and from the flying arrows that i keep getting on my back I suppose). No matter how many times I re-played the whole scene, i ALWAYS end up dying from bleeding in the end.

So, any tips / hacks / whatever? It’s really annoying to keep dying like this so early in the game…bah!.. :-/

1 Like

LOL keep trying…

Make sure you gallop (double tap the sprint button). You can push your horse further than his stamina bar and then trot (hold down sprint button) while his stamina recharges. Make sure to sway side to side along the road in a zigzag pattern to dodge the arrows.
Apart from that, it really is all down to luck unfortunately.

I’d really appreciate some more constructive input here, plox!..“Keep trying” doesn’t quite do it for me atm!..

Well, i don’t know. I haven’t played the game. The stream I watched yesterday the guy did it 1st time just galloping with the horse…

do you have armor? bandages to stop bleeding?

Tried all that tbh…: Got the faster horse at the start of the scene, keep pressing left shift and w (or the other buttons to do some sort of a “zig-zag” movement), but after a while the horse gets tired, I bleed like hell, the arrows keep flying at me, and my persecutors’ horses don’t break a sweat at all, so i die like a bloody, hopeless, peasant that I am… sigh

2 Likes

N1kolaiUK:

Nope, not armor at all - it’s the beginning of the game after all. And you can’t bandage yourself while on a horse and being chased! :-S

There’s no armour at the start of the game and you can’t bandage in combat. I took 5 tries to do it using the method I stated above, so it really does just come down to how lucky you can be with the enemy’s aim when firing at you.

you know that you have to double press sprint button on horse and need to hold it to gallopp?

1 Like

Seems like it does come down to luck then… try weaving left and right with horse so arrows are less likely to hit?

janfo:

Yes I do mate (and it’s quite tiresome to have to press like 2-3 buttons ALL the time when constantly running / horse riding tbh). But, like I said, the horse gets tired after a while, and pressing “x” for it to recuperate ain’t exactlly an option while i have those bastards hunting me down and all!.. :-S

If you can get far enough ahead, you can afford to trot until the stamina bar is back to 1/3-1/2 full and then gallop again before they catch up.
I know it sucks, but honestly keep trying is the only way to do it in the end.

2 Likes

Also stay on the path, going onto the grass will slow you down, so you can only really do small zigzags that stay on the path.

6 tries so far ending up the sme way…Even tried to run to the right path at the “Y”-section of the road, to no avail.

No matter what I do I keep dying from bleeding. and before that, my horse can’t get too far ahead of my persecutors, cause it gets fatigued quite fast. This is really bad game-design for that particular point tbh…We can’t heal or take cover fast someplace, or whatever. We can’t even shoot with an arrow (if we had one) the guards. wtf?!.. :-S

You definitly don’t want to take the right path, as that leads to a different location.
I don’t think you are bleeding out, as you have more than enough time to reach the next town. Your main problem seems to be dodging the arrows. I think moving the horse too much may slow it down slightly, so try zigzagging less often and try sticking to the inside of any curves in the road to shorten your distance.

1 Like

You can watch behind to see how far they are. Changes in speed/direction as they are readying an arrow can help spoil aim.

Take the corners as straight as possible, jink occasionally rather than all the time (to make the most of limited speed and stamina). maybe choose a different horse…

I’ve never had too much trouble with this segment, collect a few arrows along the way of course, but not enough to kill.

1 Like

Fkn O!..FINALLY did it!..And it took me like 8 tries for that, no less!..

…I hope the following trials ain’t gonna be a bitch to do like this one-lal! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I hated this part too :smiley: Don´t worry, it gets much… harder later! :smiley:

With WASD keyboard and mouse I cannot seem to sprint and steer at teh same time… what am I missing?

OKAY… I found something that worked for me… I let go of the mouse and used my right had on WASD to steer and left hand on the left shift… just had to use mouse to look straight ahead before galloping off… made it first try with this method

You’re in good company, i’ve died 40 times so far, my fingers ache and all the horses in the village are donkeys, think it’s a problem with the PC version and not the version that all the fanbois on youtube got given.