How to find item id

Hi, so I know there is an item ID list floating around by Xylozi (which is awesome) , but there are a few things missing from the list that I’ve noticed, and as far as I’m aware there isn’t yet a list for the ‘From the Ashes’ items (I know some horse face armour was added but i haven’t yet noticed anything else so I have no idea what else has been added.) I have basically 0 modding experience, I’m just putting the codes on a wiki, so I’m hoping there is an easy way to either look at the IDs for stuff in my inventory (so I can get whatever I need codes for in-game from Traders then pull up the inventory and correlate the codes to each item), and/or if its possible for someone to provide the items exclusive to ‘From the Ashes’.

Thanks in advance.

if you use the cheat mod and use "find all items token:xxxxx " look for items listed with bonus in the name.
you will have the name and ID number

1 Like

Thanks! Also, just for anyone who might be looking at this in the future:

At first it just said “unknown command”. But it turns out I have the cheat mod enabled so I ended up using “cheat_find_items token:xx”, which brings up a super long list that i assume is all the codes that were on the ID list I already have.

My issue then if I dont know what the devs called it, I can’t look it up, and I couldn’t originally find what I was looking for: some books, ‘spirits’ and ‘Chanfron and criniere’ . I figured out the chanfrons were under the category of [ui_nm_horse_armor_head_neck_001], with different codes for each variety, so I have those at least.

So then I went and bought the things I knew were missing their codes in the original list: Spirits and some books and new chanfrons from the DLC. Just to confirm they did exist in-game. There MAY be more things added in ‘From the Ashes’, but I’ve yet to find it (if anyone’s aware of anything please let me know).

Once I figure this out, I’ll try and contact the writer of the original list (Xylozi, I believe, unless someone cares to correct the record) and see if he’ll update it, but for now I’m kinda stuck. What I really need is a way to view the item codes of anything in my inventory - does anyone have any advice for how I might do that? I would assume that somewhere in the game files there is something that tells the game what items I have in my inventory, if I could pull that list up I’d be golden.

PS - one thing I did notice about the books that are not on the list is that they have a different icon to the books that are, which seems to me like they may have been later introductions to the game, AFTER the list was complied, possibly DLC related, or for some other reason they are just not showing up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

The new books were added with the DLC. they said so in the live stream they did.
There is one new sword called tusk. I found it with the find command. Look for a new home long sword or like that.

Ok so if I search for ‘new’, I get:

9036ea9d-c80a-4e0b-b0a1-09eb15efc449: Sir Divish’s announcement
9bafcc7f-3931-4cc4-89ce-8f6ab205dfa8: Sinew bow
a4861145-5574-4482-8719-2b7e0f46dfb4: Tusk

bbd53a21-4228-4488-9cd2-bbec6c4bfble: [ui_nm_shield_new_homes]
e8676cb3-98a9-4a71-949e-cb463e6f7732: Antlers

I cannot get the shield to appear and I’ve double checked the code, not sure what’s going on there, and the antlers were a duplicate and already on the existing list.

But cool! The announcement, the sinew bow, and ‘Tusk’. Any thing else you can think of?

BTW it’s possible the shield issue is because I haven’t fully upgraded my blacksmiths at Pribyslavitz yet, and I assume that’s where it’s available from?

find the boar shield yet? can get it from the guard house. it is listed as a Heavy shield (#004?)

I wasn’t looking in-game for it, but if its from the GUARDHOUSE I wont be able to get it - I have the stables. If you copy-paste the code above, can you cheat it into your inventory? I might be blocked from accessing it on account of the “no guardhouse” thing.

you should with the cheat mod. if it in the game and the mod can see it can be had with some special exceptions but not heavy shields.
Use the find command for shields then try add item command for a heavy shield. if not the one use the remove it command or just sell it. then try again.

That’s what I’m saying, I found the above codes by “cheat_find_items token:new”, but I cannot use the “cheat_add_item” to add the shield (the other stuff works fine).

I’ve used the code I got from the find return for the shield but it still doesn’t work. I’d assume the code is wrong but I’ve checked it a few times, so I’m trying to figure out if maybe the code I’ve given above is wrong, or if I’m prevented from even cheating my way to the item because i dont have the right building.

Try new_home not just new?

I dont think we’re on the same page.

I’m looking for the codes and I’ve found them - the shield code (bbd53a21-4228-4488-9cd2-bbec6c4bfble) doesn’t work. I’ve checked it and I’m 99% sure the code is right but there is still an error and nothing appears. The other codes all work fine. So I’m wondering if the shield code is being denied because I don’t meet the criteria - ie I dont have a guardhouse.