How To Get Archery Training?

In the soldier’s camp where I get sword training, there’s a guy standing by the archery targets but he won’t talk to me. I can get sword training all day long (which, I’ve discovered, is an amazing way to level up my Sword, Strength, and Fencing skills) but I can’t find anyone who provides similar training in bows. Am I missing something?

Just shoot with a bow and everything. Do not have to turn to the masters.

1 Like

You can talk to him, and he will tell you to just shoot at the targets. You can also compete against other NPCs for money.

If he’s not talking to you, start a new game. Every time you load a game, you break it just a little more, be that incomplete quests or NPCs refusing to talk to you or move.

2 Likes

He’s right. As mentioned in one of the video updates by Daniel Vavra, the game simulates the NPC and their activities. When you save your game you also save your progress and the progress of NPC and what they have done/will do etc
Also, this explains why the mode “Standby/sleep” so long. All due to the fact that not just a time passes, and accelerates the process of the NPC.
So, because of frequent downloads saved, you sometimes break the game that it could not load some progress or something(I do not understand, and only rely on spoken words). I can only prove the truth of his words by the fact that sometimes when you load the save, you will have the phrase in the right corner of the screen, and it says “Game load failed”.

1 Like

Is it possible to remove and respawn an NPC with console commands to try unbreaking it?

1 Like

I don’t know, Hannon. You’re not available to load your game, so this isn’t needed to have some console commands. And some of console commands aren’t working anymore, cuz of developers.

Almost all of the console commands are disabled.

The only ones enabled will not resolve your issue.

If the Archer master will not speak to you your only resolution is to start a new game.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, how does one play the game without saving? I mean, at the end of the day when I’m done playing and it’s time to get some sleep… what? Just leave the game running? Twenty-four hours a day? Or just close out and start up a new game tomorrow? Hard to make any long-term progress like that, isn’t it?

1 Like

Have you read my comment?(it’s upper). It’s everything, that you need to know for now, cuz of WH working on optimization right now and you’ll get your “good” saves on realise.

You can do just about everything in the beta in one play through (given you have a few spare hours).

It’s a beta there is no long term progress to be made. All your saves will be useless upon the games release anyhow.

So, after starting a new game, the archery tutorial fellow talks to me now but every time I try to initiate the tutorial, Henry ends up telling him, “Hang on a while. I have something to do.” I’m not sure why.

I have a bow and 15 arrows; they’re equipped. I have 42 gold. It doesn’t give me any choices during the conversation; I start with “About the archery…” and the conversation ends with “Hang on a while. I have something to do.” And then he accuses me of having lost my nerve and that’s it; conversation over.

Start yet another game and try again? Or does someone know why it’s not letting me progress?

1 Like

Yes.

What long term progress? It’s a simple demo of the state of the game at the time it was released. You’re not supposed to make any long term progress.

Now if this were the final release of the game, that would be completely unacceptable, but this is a beta, and the final game will be very different.

Get more arrows.

Started up a new game and, yeah, it worked this time. At least until the client crashed to desktop (CTD) and I had to start again and this time the guy aggro’d me in the middle of the archery competition, for some reason deciding I was a threat to the world at large.

In terms of long-term progress, I got a character up to 20 in Herbalism and it capped out so I started thinking 20 is the cap for stats, at least in the beta client, so I have a goal in mind of getting a character up to 20 in Strength, Sword, and Defense and see what kind of a difference that makes in the sword combat.

And then I started looking at other stats and wondering what I need to do to get them up too. Like Agility. It says in the tooltip that it increases one’s ability to dodge and parry in combat so I would love to cap that too but I can’t figure out what activities increase it.

So basically, I’d like to use the beta client as an opportunity to experiment a bit with different elements of the game and see what impact they have on overall gameplay, which I think is a reasonable expectation for a beta experience. But that takes some long-term effort which is made all the more challenging by the constant CTDs.

1 Like

Hehe, if I had a dollar for every time someone did that. :slight_smile:

I’d only need a few cents for this one to be rich. It happens a lot.

Does agility go up? I was under the impression that it didn’t. It’s been a while since I have played though.

Beta stats are not 100% representative of the final game.

I think you can edit the stats if that’s your goal. I know some are easier to memory edit than others, but hex edits on the saves might be easier. I think there was some kind of paid one floating around, but I didn’t bother getting it. I did mess around with Cheat Engine to edit gold and stamina levels when I was testing things out.

If you do want to do it the hard way, I suggest you not talk to anyone, and just constantly fight in the arena to build your stats up.

They fight, and kill, each other sometimes too. It’s hilarious. Again, that should not be representative of the final game.

Stop excusing the devs for this beta bugs on every occasion, please!

Yes, it is a beta! Yes, it is outdated. Yes, it doesn’t represent the final game. Yes, it isn’t meant to give you “pleasure” (maybe). This is a constructive criticism and everything is normal as far as I see it, no need to act so defensive.

But hey, I’ve played betas where you can’t really tell the difference between it and the final product. Do you want me to cite a few titles just to prove my point?

Being a beta isn’t an excuse of being broken! So, if there is a save/load feature included, it should work! If the devs didn’t wanted it, or if it wasn’t ready yet, then it shouldn’t have been in the beta.

Once it is included on purpose, you can’t just state “this is a beta” every time, especially for save/load function. It is important, and there IS long-time progress. Not everyone can and will spare 10-12 hours of gameplay at once with a beta which can crash out of nowhere or can break the gameplay or can be bugged or you can simply make a vital mistake… people need to save :wink:

That I say with all due respect to the devs, I know they will do their best to make us great game.

If you want beta that is same as final product, then wait for the final product.

Bruh…

why the fuck would you necro 4 months dead topic with this meaningless tirade?

“4 months dead topic”? May be u’r too young? 5-10 years that is necro topic. :о)

The alpha was available to Baron tier. Beta was available for Knight. There will be no updates to these preview versions, so the beta, which was a significant difference to 0.5, was called beta so Knight tier could play it. The naming is irrelevant beyond that.

The save system is bad. It’s slightly better than 0.5, which only really saved your inventory and location. Not your quest progress, horse inventory, or whether NPCs were alive or dead. So while bad, it is still an improvement. I’d rather have it in its minimally functional state than not at all.

If you played 0.5 there is very little new content in the beta. The battle, and that quest is new. Everything else is what you’ve already seen. It shouldn’t take you more than a few hours to play through that. It can be done in under 20 mins if you speed run it.

Some betas are indeed indistinguishable from the final game. This game is not finished though, so the beta was basically the game as it stood a year ago. It won’t be updated, so pointing out bugs from a year old build is kind of pointless. Rather than excusing the bugs, it is simply explaining them, and the fact they will not be fixed.

2 Likes