How to resolve FPS issue?

anyone know how to fix this serious issue concerning 20-45 FPS? its pretty bad in city’s. havent gotten in a actual fight yet. but now im experiencing a infinite loading bug when you get to the city. HELP

Set shadows and shaders to low and it should work better without visual impacts…

1 Like

@Outcast22
What system do you use? PC?
We need more information about your hardware and settings.

Please send an email to:
support@kingdomcomerpg.com

Thank you!

support email has been sent. sorry i forgot to post my specs. Intel i7-7700, 16gig RAM, geforce GTX 1080

That’s a good rig, seems everyone is having issues with the fps at the moment.

1 Like

well what about my infinite loading screen problem?

There is a patch in the works to be released in roughly 2 weeks thats dealing with this, i hope it deals with other known bugs too.

Bugs…bugs and bugs. I guess this game needed a bit more time. But they will fix it eventually, this is why I wait a week or two before buying.

I can handle the low FPS but not being able to advance anymore in the game is a SERIOUS problem. it will not load at all. ive been sitting here for 10 minutes and it still hasnt loaded.

is the FPS dropping in whole jumps with , i.e. 45fps <> 30fps <> 20fps with little in-between, as that would be indicative of v-sync being on, as if it cannot maintain 60fps it will drop to 45fps, if it cannot maintain 45fps it will drop to 30fps, and if it cannot maintain 30fps it will drop to 20fps, so the framerate jumps in steps as load changes.

a good setting with GTX780-GTX1080 is to set it to adaptive in the NVidia control panel, then in all games choose within their own options set v-syin to off.

Yeah this is rather unacceptable. I’m a kickstarter backer, and patiently waited, but the low FPS makes it unplayable. I’m running a 1080 i7-7770. I should not get this crappy 40fps performance on HIGH of all settings. I run all other games at Ultra and hit well over 100 fps easily.

You should not have released it in this buggy state.

I’m very disappointed with the performance as well. I’m still remaining positive about it but the game is just not optimized well from what I can see. I have other cryengine games that look technically “better” over all and consistently at 60fps on very high to almost max settings. Witcher 3 I run at 60fps on all Very High to even some ultra settings. Please Warhorse Studios, work to fix the performance problems that are severely hampering the game for many players. I backed this too and my biggest concern was always optimization. That’s really the only thing that I feared for prior to release because I’v seen this engine go either way. Unfortunately my concerns are playing out. I really hope Warhorse continues to support the game and specifically addresses the very real performance issues.

Windows 7 64bit
Core i7 4790k 4@4Ghz
EVGA GTX 970 4GB
16GB Ram

This game is definitely not optimized well for performance. My PC is struggling to get solid 60 fps on 1080p. It’ll frequently drop 10-20 framerates. When I heard this game was going to use the CryEngine, I was concerned that it will run into performance optimization issues.

Windows 10 (64-bit, Fall Creators Update) Gamemode is enabled
Intel i7-6700k
MSi 1080 GTX 8GB OC
16gb RAM

After three hours of gameplay, I am not impressed at all. Having waited so long for this game the reality is just pants. Very aggrieved too at having paid £349 for a new graphics card in expectation of this game, an nVidia 1060 GTX Extreme Gaming, that barely manages to scrape 30 FPS in only Very High graphics settings, even when installed into an top class rig (I7 7700K, 16GB RAM, 960 Pro M.2 SSD ). Too many cut scenes, and the on screen graphics are nowhere near the standard of Far Cry 4 and Skyrim. Sorry Gentlemen, for all the hype and feverish expectation this game just doesn’t cut it for me. I will persevere because this game was hyped as being the ultimate medieval environment and I really looked forward to its release and wanted it to work. Now that it’s here, I am very disappointed to find that substance falls very short of spin in my opinion. My apologies to those players who think otherwise, these are just my impressions, I really wish that they were otherwise.

Is there a way to contact Warhorse directly and do they read these forums? I just want to make sure I’m listing issues in the right place for them to see. I feel this must be the place to report problems as opposed to Steam forums. I’m seeing other posters and customers reporting poor performance too but its seems there’s an unfortunate move by some to derail and dismiss those reporting real problems. If there’s a better route to provide info on the issues we’re having I want to be sure to upload them there.

Have any of you come up with anything that works yet? I’m getting ready to try the latest nvidia patch.

For me the best things were enabling fullscreen (and check regularily as the game tends to switch back to windowed mode from time to time, maybe during cutscenes), and disabling Vsync :slight_smile:

• go to the install directory (by default, this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance)
  • make a new file called user.cfg, place it in the install directory
  • open the new file in notepad
  • write the following in the file:
    r_VSync = 0
  • save the file and then close it (make sure the file is called user.cfg, and NOT user.cfg.txt)
  • start the game. Make sure the game runs in fullscreen mode, and verify that you can see some tearing here or there (if you have no G-sync, like me), since V-sync is off

Are you really trying to play this game on very high on a 1060? A 1060 is a budget card, no matter how many “extremes” you slap in the model name. Also the rest of the specs I’m afraid was a complete was of money because the GPU is a bottleneck. Your system is only as strong as your weakest component, and unfortunately the 1060 is a weak card compared to its bigger siblings. If you wanted to slap games, especially open world games with numerous things going on in the background, on “very high” and “ultra” settings expecting 60+ fps you should get a 1080 ti.

I don’t mean to come off as condescending. I agree that the game definitely could use more optimization, but it’s a bit unfair thinking a cheap budget GPU is going to give you top tier performance.

1 Like

Tweak your settings and use the console commands, but the most important factor to my performance is to keep it in fullscreen. If you alt+tab out of the game it reverts to borderless. Always stay in fullscreen. I gain ~30-40 fps.

You are quite correct, but sadly with current prices the GTX1060 is not a cheap budget card, even though it delivers mid tier performance compared to the GTX1070 and up. Having said that I have this card and am getting better performance than Harry_Hotspur with the ‘Very High’ preset with shadows on Medium… I’m getting between 40 to 60fps in most circumstances, with the exception of some cut-scenes (and night + Rain/storm and torches) which can take a dive into the 20’s. Unless he’s pushing the resolution too high its seems something is slightly amiss if he’s struggling to get 30fps. The GTX1060 is a 1080p card and starts to struggle above this with more recent titles.

Try knocking shadow quality back a bit Harry, maybe Shaders too. And also hope WH manage to optimize it a bit more.

With current prices, no it’s not “cheap.” But performance-wise, it was designed to be a cheap budget card. It’s great bang for your buck though.

Shadows and shaders are big performance hogs in just about any game, and tweaking those while keeping everything else on high should get you good visuals and good performance.

1 Like