How to Sabotage Nest of Vipers Bandit Camp

I tryed to take the Kuman armore like in youtubevideos and walk into the camp but I get instantly noticed and the gards draw theyr swords. I also use this slow moving/walking key… What did I wrong?

try to approach from a different side
I even did it without any kuman armor some npc (cuman) talked to me instead of attacking and lead me through the camp, I dont know if you have to meet a special npc for that (could depend on speech skill)

Check your noise levels, wear dark light clothes and creep slowly. Take a vial of poison with you. Enter the compound when there’s no guard around. You’ll see a cooking pot right when you enter, poison it. Right next to it, there’s a basket of arrows burn them. They’ll probably notice you by now so run like hell into the forest and lose them.

I got Cuman armour from another quest and used it to go around the camp. I picked up the armour in the chest but didn’t use it.

If your speech is high enough you will get 3 chances to talk to guards on the fourth you will be discovered. You just have to be clever about what you sabotage. I poisoned the food supplies with Bane, which I can make myself.

1 Like

My speach is 8 or 9. But I never get the chance to talk to them they attack me as soon as they notice me. I carry only cuman armor and weapons

Then take your weapon out and your visor will be down.

My Speech was 14 when I talked to them.

Just charge in there with flames coming out of your arse and kill them all.

1 Like

I spent about an hour doing the stealth archer thing and killed about 20 of them. With a good bow it only takes 1 or 2 hits per person, and they don’t seem to react if your further than about 50-60 feet away. After I just walked around and found the sabotage points.

2 Likes

I wonder if my sabotage in the nest of viper still effective if i get caught and run away?
No problem poisoning one of the cooking pot but as soon after poisoning the second one
they notice me very fast. So if succeed poisoning the tow pot, set arrow supply on fire and
run away before get killed… do my sabotage will be effective or not?

Also any trick or hint will be appreciated.
I love this game… my best RPG in decade.

Have a good one all!

Jeff

I just ran in there at night and sabotaged all the arrows and disappeared through the woods. All the soldiers were chasing me. Luckly my henry is pretty fast.

I actually made this one thanks to bug…:slight_smile: I crawled in in daylight through a hole in stockade and found a cellar with water.Here I waited till night. When I was peeking out then and figuring out what to do next, somebody spotted me and sounded alarm. I thought…ok wrong approach…next try but lets train some fight. I was prepared for quick death. To my surprise no bandit or cuman was able to make it across the small wall around the cellar entry. So it changed it to archery duel me vs 20+ bad guys. Long story short…I killed them all. Pretty bruised but alive with huge loot. Thank god for plate armor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I nailed it.

Cuman camp

First I wandered for all perimeter of village and got a few intel. So I found this (door) “hole” in the wall. I crounched to a tent at left, near the cauldron and opened a chest (easy lock) full of gear. Put cuman armour (needs only a closed helmet and any armour).
Disguised you can wander by both camps but cumans sometimes will inquire you and you can use it to lure them.
Here is the trick: Once one NPC go after you to inquire you you can exit by the hole in the wall and lure him to the florest. He will give up if you got to fair and start to get back now you go behind him and stealth kill or steaLth take him down.
Note: as always stealth works better if you unequip all your gear, one of them give me a lot of trouble. You can stealth kill if you got the perk and have a dagger in inventory.
You can also just use the regular stealth take (unconscience NPC). You can still stealth kill him but you must to stand up, draw you sword and crounch again.
One big annoying thing is: you cannot change wweapon/draw/sheat while crounched. REALLY DEVELOPERS!!!
Now loot and dispose the corpse a bit away and repeat. There are some stair in the ruin leading to a quiet grove with water. Nice place to put corpses and stelath kill.
Killed the captain and four guys this way (toke a lot of time) once there are 3 guys sleeping kill them on spot.
One can wake up but just lure him like the others (this time to the stairs, its lot less walking).
One guy is a heavy sleeper you can train pickpocket on him and kill him once your fail (he was naked at this point =))
Finally take down the guard at the entrance.
Now the cuman camp is yours, maybe you can even rest here and eat from the cauldron before poisoning it (there are 2 poisons vials in chests near) and set arrows on fire.

Bandits camps now.

You cannot repeat the same above, lots of bandits. Wander, get intel, watch cutscene getting near the church. Toke me a lot of time, by night things are a lot easier.
Optional: You can stealth kill some guards in the outside and there are some cumans here as well (lure them). Note if you go fair form camp the diguise don’t working (you are just henry ina cuman gear again). It works only for NPCs on the camps.
Now with most bandits sleeping poison both cauldrons and go for the arrow bucket.
Once you set fire your disguise is wasted so plan to set fire, run, set fire, run like hell.
note: You can get intel form the 3 routes leading to the camp as well.

Wish good luck

Can’t wait for you to realise it wasn’t worth it…

I poisoned everything and set all the arrows on fire played the battle…

Went back and did nothing to the camp just played the battle and it made zero difference so it’s not worth struggling to do.

That’s negative man! =)
Seriously some times things are dificult why you don’t try new things.
Tried to best Capons in the trainning before finding it’s just a matter of block and trust so it sudenly become the easiest fight of the entire game.
Kunesh, toke a time to get the way but after him all brawlings sounds easy.
Wayfarer knight: Though, tried a war hammer and captain mace I stolen from monastery but cannot best him so put my old and good sword and bested him without much trouble (with an a lot os stabs).

Edit: did it on first try, easy. before boss dont get damage and boss is not a hard shell like the wayfarer knight. Good defence and offence but manageable if you can perfect block. Just stick to Bernards trainning.

I had a whole set of Cuman gear from a bandit camp I trashed earlier so I was wearing that, full face helmet etc and walked thru the main gates gave the guards a wave but as soon as I got in there I was questioned, WTF, I’m one of you I was thinking , look I’m wearing what you are wearing, I smell of flamedspicey dog stew aswell but the questioning continued after I got rid of the first with a grunt. Onto the dog stew and in went the poison and my investigations continued with another Cuman Columbo in my face asking another question which I guess I passed with silence and off I waddled to find arrows to burn. Another damn question like 30 secs after the first WTF, am I Mr P{opular or somthin, it smells fishy, they know I’m an imposta, how who knows, I got Cuman Sword, full get up but they smell my blood I’m sure of it. Any way I find the arrows and set them on fire and you guessed it another Cuman detective questions me, #4 this time the gig is up and and its legs do your thiiiiing. Run run run run run run run. I thought after that sorta sucked for what reasons they were so sus of me I dunno but it seemed really scripted to me, owell.

Just did this. I poisoned one pot and burned one barrel. After I had been caught.

I was in disguise and doing well. Fooled two Cumans. But I got cornered by glitching into a bench. Then they found me out. I ran straight back through the hole in the stockade. Three Cumans followed. In the pitch black I killed them all. Somehow. I went back to the camp and then I poisoned the food and burned arrows. I expected the whole camp to be awake but only those three were aware of me.

I stole the cuman clothes on the North end of the camp, equipped a Nicopolis sabre so that my visor stays down. Even then the cuman always attack me as soon as they see me, why ?

To complete the optional “sabotage” part of the quest, you MUST poison ALL food pots and burn ALL arrows. Took me forever to figure this out. I poisoned all 4 food pots and burnt 2 of the 4 arrow barrels on my way out of the camp, yet still got a “fail” for the sabotage part of the quest after I turned it in to Sir Radzig. You have to get every last one of them, which is stupid and not adequately explained at all by your quest journal. Sneak in wearing silent and dark clothes at night. Start with the Cuman camp, since you can generally get away with poisoning their food pots without being seen. Then put on the Cuman armor and clothing you find in the chest in the little building at the back of their camp. This allows you to enter the bandit side of the camp and watch the cutscene without being set upon by the bandits. Now, sneak and poison the food pot at the back of the bandit camp, then burn the arrows beside it. This will alert the bandit side of camp, but will give you just enough time to poison the final food pot, then run out of the bandit camp, torching their second barrel of arrows as you go by it (it is near the entrance to their camp). Then sprint back through the Cuman camp. They will not go on the alert until you burn the first of their two arrow barrels (since you are still wearing Cuman armor), so run through the camp and torch the two barrels, then exit out the back of their camp through the little building where you got the Cuman armor out of the trunk. Sprint off into the woods, enter your inventory, strip off all the Cuman armor and put your stealth clothing back on. They will chase you for miles unless you can get far enough away from them to enter sneak mode and go “undetected”. Seriously, you can jump on your horse and ride all the way back to Sir Radzig, and the combat music will not stop and you can’t save because you are “in combat”, according to the game. But get far enough away from the soldiers and go into sneak mode, the combat music stops and the game allows you to “break” combat. Again, completely stupid, but it works. Now you can turn the quest in without failing the optional sabotage objective. Whew!

3 Likes

Thanks for the guide, that’s neat. In all my playthroughs, I would usually poison 1-2 pots and burn 2-3 barrels of arrows which was enough to make Radzig reasonably impressed. Completing every objective doesn’t really change the battle or anything else in the game as far as I know. But still it’s cool to know how to do it. Thanks.

I’m playing version 1.6.2 and i assure you, there is NO Chest in the little shack where you find the poison sitting on the barrel. I find combat is very hard so i haven’t managed to find a kill a Cuman yet. It’s almost impossible to get one alone because if one starts to follow you, they always call for backup.