(how) will KCD run on my setup?

Hello guys,

I’d really like to buy KCD but my Computer is a few years old and I have little knowledge about Hardware
My setup:
Intel i5-4590S CPU @3GHZ
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Is it possible to reasonably run this game with my setup?

I think it runs 30 FPS on yours on low settings.

ok thx i think ill upgrade my pc first

Yes: CPU is well below MINIMUM required for this game.

The non S variant of the cpu is generally only down 10-20% speed on minimum req- most gamers found the S variant useless for true multicore games (like gtaV).
KCD would be ruled right out.

Apart from that- the memory pairing with that processor would limit throughput.

Otherwise: sure- the video card should be solid enough to at least load modern games.

I’d suggest holding off from playing on that PC; consoles will likley prove a superior playback platform.

Given how much KCD wants all aspects of a users PC to be decent; it would prove painful watching it on such a ‘last gen’ pc. That same PC probably runs majority of games fine. Most games can get away with a decent i5.

Whilst that CPU has similar clockspeed to what the min cpu requirements are- not all mhz are equal. The s variant of that cpu is great for LIGHT cpu use; not four threads plus workloads.

KCD likes 6-8 cores. 4 core with hyperthreading being highly overclocked will make it work- just not well.

Admitedly game is still being made tight.

Three patches so far have delivered an extra 10-20% performance (in worst case moments) on my mid tier pc.