Howto - play beta with mouse instead of WASD

Hi!

Because other players have problems with WASD control and another ask about autohotkey I post my solution to play with mouse - mostly for the old-school players, like me :-): Works perfect.

With this mod you can play “right mouse button” as “forward”, mouse movement as left/right and Lctrl or Strg and LAlt as "Strafe left/right. 3rd mouse button as “fast forward”.

Change it for your needs.

• Install autohotkey
  • Go to your windows user dir: /own documents
  • There you find “AutoHotkey.ahk”, rename it like “AutoHotkey-orig.ahk” to get save.
  • edit “AutoHotkey-orig.ahk”, remove all lines and insert this commands:

Now save as “AutoHotkey.ahk” (into the same dir.)
Now, at MY TEST COMPUTER KC stops after loading a saved game, or gets frozen, because KC notice that the Autohotkey keymapper is started and says " Another prg. stopped the game from working…"

I said to me, O.K. it stops during loading, why not try to load Autohotkey AFTER the saved game is finished loading -> during game play. And it Works :slight_smile:

For that you need a open window, like explorer, or editor open behind DC. This is needed to be able to switch with LAlt / TAB back to windows. Now you can start Autohotkey and it will load our modified AutoHotkey.ahk as default.

You can stop or reload the ahk file right click to icon at task bar.
Please note, you started Autohotkey and the modified key map, you can go back to game when you click it at the task bar. But you cannot go back again to win with LAlt/TAB to Win, because the LAlt is now “D”.

I hope all understand this, ask if needed, sry for my english.

1 Like