HTC Vive compatibility?

Anyone know if the HTC Vive will be compatible eventually?

I would like to have the best experience possible to 360 degrees. Furthermore, the sword fighting and the archery would be much more realistic and easily controllable.

Most likely, yes. The screen will work, and is simple enough to do, and the controls for view will allow you to look around.

VR is not this.

Realistic? Maybe. If you think so. Easier to control? Hell no. Strapping a screen to your face and using your head to aim is not going to give you more control over the game.

Not this game specifically, but if you play a twitch shooter with a VR head set on, you will get absolutely curb stomped by someone with a keyboard and mouse.

[quote=“Aradiel, post:2, topic:27213”]
VR is not this.[/quote]
I misspoke. I wanted to talk about the possibility of moving on ourselves at 360 degree.

According to what I understand, HTC Vive have 360-Degree tracking and Room-Scale movement sensors with their Lighthouse system. Players can move around freely.

[quote=“Aradiel, post:2, topic:27213”]
Realistic? Maybe. If you think so. Easier to control? Hell no. Strapping a screen to your face and using your head to aim is not going to give you more control over the game.[/quote]
It would be more natural than use a keyboard/mouse or a gamepad, let’s say.
The controller of my right hand is used for the shield and left controller for my sword.

If you’ve ever used an air mouse, you’ll understand how the movement sensors of the headset work. That is very easy to use, and will most likely work in the same way the mouse does.

There will be no controllers for your individual hands. The game won’t support that. It would require a complete rework. What it will do is let you look around with your head, in the same way the mouse does, and obviously the screen will work too. The controls will be done through gamepad.

I know you think it will be natural. It won’t be. If a game is made for VR, then they can refine the controls, and make it slow enough, and imprecise enough, that it might seem natural, but that’s not going to happen with this game.

At best the head motion controls will emulate the mouse, and a gamepad can be used in the same way you would on a screen that isn’t strapped to your face.

I will setup Vive tonight and try to configure it…this game is definitely one I want to try playing in VR, even if it will not be perfect. If anyone have already tryed it before as this topic is quite old, it can be cool to give some tips, thank you :wink:

Maybe you use the search funktion for Oculus… :slight_smile:

Ciao, I come back here since May2016 when I tested the beta on Oculus Rift. Did somebody make any improvements? Can somebody update me? Could do another test but would like to know if something has changed on VR Oc.Rift since May 2016.
Thanks,
Jimsco

No, there were no changes on the Beta since May. We don´t have time for updates, as we have to work on the final release version.