I don't understand where to find information

Incorrect. The main quest requires me to read. That means reading is mandatory. It should have been a learned mechanic like sword fighting.

No, you CAN progress, and reading is NOT mandatory. Every main quest can be solved without reading. The embrocation potion can be just bought at the apothecary, you don’t have to make it yourself. I myself was not very keen on alchemy, so I brew only very few potions during my first play, and all of them in very later stage of the game. And none of them was necessary.

3 Likes

there are several instance where you can say you can’t read and still do the mission with help of an NPC.
The NPC will read it for you and give you the info you need.

The game never made this obvious to me. Which means, reading is mandatory. Either teach me how to read in the main quest, or tell me that I can go buy these potions from the Apothecary while I’m engaged in that quest. I don’t just know this stuff.

you never went shopping. Never explored a town, never looked over a merchants wares and learn what they offer.
Basically never really explored a town/ village.
Edit: spelling

1 Like

I have it were a part of the main quest. So, if the main quest required me to find something in the town, then that’s how I found it in the town. I didn’t know I was required to explore. This is what I mean. Why didn’t I have to explore sword fighting? I’m fine with the challenge, just be consistent.

When the game holds my hand and teaches me how to sword fight, as a player, I assume this is how the game teaches mechanics. Yet, it decides to trick me. It holds my hand with the sword fighting mechanic, and then just sets me free and requires me to figure everything else out on my own. Pick one.

Again, you Pidgeon holed yourself and nerfed yourself by not going beyond the MQ line.

This is a real RPG not a tracked path fantasy hack and slash. this is where you live the life of a common man.

Welcome to Kingdom come :slight_smile: Yes, sometimes you just have to use common sense. It is not running from one quest marker to another, which is why we all love it. But see - there are more ways to solve the quest. One of them seemed obvious to you - to brew potion yourself. That is ok, but you have to do something for it (learn reading, find recipe, gather herbs …). To me it was obvious that I should go to the shop and ask (scribe will even tell you where he usually buys the potion). So I did in in this way. Both ways are OK.

Actually I disagree. As a game player, I don’t find any part of this game “challenging”. It’s actually quite easy. The challenging part of the game just seems to be finding out how to play it, most people seem to be doing that on their forums. Unfortunate.

In other words, once I figure out where something is, or how you obtain it, there’s no skill required after that. It’s just a matter of explored data. They should have just written a book…

Erm … it is so easy, that you did not figure out how to solve part of main quest in the early part of the game?

2 Likes

you seem too use the witcher 3 way of game play. This game is different. You actually at times hafta think things thru. Not follow one marker after another. The game even tried to teach you history of the region and of the times and approximate lives back then.

Yes, the game is easy, it’s just hiding data from me. That’s what books are for. So you can learn a data. Do you understand the difference between literature and games? What is the actual skill level? Once I learn where to find something, how do I get “better”. It’s just hiding stuff and forcing me to explore it. Again, that’s what books are for.

I really don’t understand you. It is a matter of progress in story. You can call it “explored data” if you want. Sir Radzig would call it “help with really painful problems”. It is something that you do because you want to solve the issue, help your country or help nobles that have taken care of you … You don’t find it interesting?

Right , but then I’m not playing a game. I’m reading a novel that’s disguised as a game.

The novel is helping you to play the game. You seem to just don’t whish to do anything but bee line thru the game.

If “getting better” at the game is just a matter of me learning how to do something once, there is no challenge. That’s pointless. Write me a book so i can read it once and learn it.

you can always just move on the next witcher 3 type fantasy game that leads you around by the hand and not make you think.

I have never played the witcher 3, nor do I find it relevant. I’m here playing KCD. As I originally stated, I’m new to the genre.