I don't understand where to find information

If you want to see it in this way, then yes. Story is really the main thing here. But the game will give you rising numbers, skills and perks. Maybe you will like combat more, where you really can “get better” - in terms of numbers as well as in terms of your skill as a player. Or archery. Or even alchemy, if you started with that. For a long time you can just forget about whole story, roam the land and kill bandits.

And thieving! If you like growing numbers, try to break into chest of every merchant in Rattay. You will get better in thieving and get more and more money.

Yeah, I’m not impressed with it AT ALL as a game player. The “skill level” doesn’t seem to actually be connected with any amount of skill as a player. For instance, when I started sword fighting my character was slow. Now it’s fast at sword fighting, but as a player there’s nothing I’ve learned further. I know the same amount of information when I was slow, as I do when I’m fast. It was just a matter of learning it once, and busy work. That’s not challenging guys. You have to see that right? This is rookie stuff.

this game by fans is called a hard core style game. where you actually hafta participate in running all features in the game to get the max use/ enjoyment and learn, not just do the the game like a FPS shooter looter.

If I could say anything to the dev’s , I’d just tell them to write me a novel next time. I can’t find the game.

then move on to say… far cry 5.

Well I mean that’s cute if I bought far cry 5

But i paid 50 dollars for a novel.

this games seem to not suit you or your expectations

That is correct.

So … in story, it is just uncovering hidden information, but you want growing numbers. In combat, it is just growing numbers (speed, easiness of master strikes etc. ), but there is no hidden information to uncover. Both ways you don’t like. So what to do with you? There is no please for some people.

1 Like

No, you’re wrong, I’m saying the game is failing on all fronts. I want a mechanic that reflects skill as a player. Meaning, you can still suck at the game if you suck as a player. There are people who have spent 900 hours playing battlefield 1, and they still suck at the game. You can’t play this game for 900 hours and still suck at it. Because there’s nothing to get better at. It’s just information. Write me a book.

Research before you buy. I have and will not buy destiny 2 , Far cry 5 . Mass PVP type games like Pub Gee Battle front 5.

Just a little curiosity … Dan Vávra said that they actually shot several movies during development, because all the cutscenes are several hours long, and script something like meter high heap of paper. He said that it would be easier to shoot just one historical movie that had one story and don’t branch.

So I actually did some research before I bought it, and there was lots of promo about mechanics that were “challenging”. I’m not finding the challenge outside of exploring. Exploring and mechanics are two different things.

Again, if you want to teach me a bunch of stuff once, write me a novel. That’s what literature is for.

are part and Parcel to a real RPG. If you go on a trip and want to see the sights of an area do you just go down the big interstate from point to point and only see 6 lanes of tarmac or take the side roads?

I just imagine how challenging it was to develop atom bomb. It was not challenging at all - just uncovering information. No real skill behind that. Once you uncover the principle, any good laboratory can do it.

1 Like

Yeah , you’re making the same point I am. You’re also ignoring the fact that this is a “game”, because there is no game to be found. It’s just literature disguised as a game. I agree, learning is a matter of information processing. That’s not the same as playing a game.

If you want to teach me literature, sell me a book. If you want to challenge me with a game, sell me a game. Don’t sell me literature and call it a game.

Again, this is not the type of game your use to. It is an Historical recreation of a real period in history. so reading the “novel” and playing the game mechanics IS the game.

1 Like