I don't understand where to find information

Because I am just immitating you. Ok, I think there is nothing more to say. There are more types of games, and this one is not your cup of tea. I can understand that. And you will probably understand that there are loads of people who like this “uncovering of information”. I can live with knowledge that we did not meet on this one.

Yeah, I love learning as well. That’s why I read books.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I just don’t know how you’re impressed with the game as a game. I’m impressed with the literature, but I find books a lot more appropriate for that sort of thing. There’s no fat to trim with revised and edited writing. It’s an efficient method of learning information. This is like devolved learning for people who don’t have the desire to read.

This thread won’t be resolve to any satisfaction.
I call on @Blacksmith to put this thread to an end with locking hammer of doom.

1 Like

Really dude? lol. Are you that fired up over some conversation? It’s not that serious man. Relax. We are literally on a forum , in the gameplay section , discussing game play. We’re doing it right. Don’t worry. Just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t mean we need to silence everybody. We’re all adults here presumably.

I just give up on a pointless roundy- round that gets nowhere and a waste electrons

Alright, sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement. But I’m pretty sure disagreeing with somebody isn’t a crime. We’re fine.

I can’t believe you tried to summon the hammer of doom. lol. In all seriousness though, the reason things are argued, is because people are trying to get to the bottom of something. If you were sure, and I were sure, neither of us would be discussing it. It would be like if I told you that you lived in a van. You wouldn’t spend any time arguing with me about that at all… Because you’re sure. The fact that we’re still trying to get to the bottom of this is actually quite telling. I’m not even saying I’m right. I’m just saying, it’s not a fleshed out idea.

It’s also possible that there’s just a weird phenomenon going on in the gaming industry , where game developers are working with influencer’s to market games. And once it’s in the hands of the “influencer”, there’s actually no accountability. It’s a third party at that point. I found out about this game before it was out, same as everybody else. I just waited for the bug patches before I bought it. The people who promoted this game early on weren’t exactly responsible with the way they marketed the game. That’s because those youtube channel’s exist based on relationships. They have to speak highly of a product if they want the manufacturer of the product to work with them again in the future. It’s always been an issue in the tech industry and Youtube.

You can buy embrocation from the apothecary downstairs from the scribe in Rattay. Besides, alchemy requires recipes. Reading isn’t mandatory until you enter the Monastery and even then there are ways around that like breaking in and killing the dude. Also, when you look at a book do the words look jumbled up? Then you can’t read. Last but not least, Sir Radzig tells you directly about a scribe in Uzhitz that can teach you to read.

I can assure you that Warhorse did not have money to pay any “influencer”. They caught interest with an original idea, and a lot of marketing did backers (and later players) themselves, just because they liked it. And I must not forget gaming media with their anti-racist campaign, that did a lot of (possibly unwanted) marketing too. Maybe you won’t like it, but “novel-like” RPG with strong story and historical realism was something that A LOT of people wanted. And still want and still like. The game has its little problems, yes, but not those that you talk about.

Oh there were definitely tech youtube channels that had access to this game long before it was out. It was those channels who did most of the marketing for the developers. They play the games from events , and those channels turn into little marketing hubs for the developers. It’s a partnership that can be catastrophic if it’s not done responsibly.

A lot of what I was hearing from people who had access to this game early was “oh teh mechanics”. I’m not seeing a correlation between the mechanics and any actual skill level. Take sim racing for instance. If I’m good at Assetto Corsa, it’s because I’m competent at driving the cars. Now take this game. I’f I’m good at KCD, I’m good at … exploring? I mean these guys want to tell me that KCD isn’t a game where you go from quest to quest… Isn’t it? How do you beat the game? Why even have quests at all? Clearly it’s a game of quests, people just want it to be more than that, so they pretend it is.

I think people are geeking out a little too hard on the whole RPG thing

WHO had access to game before it was out? Journalists from important media probably, few weeks before release. You expect them to be paid from Warhorse? Then don’t read media you can’t trust. Watch documentary from Gameumentary on youtube, you will see how tight was the budget of a game. They could give some money on marketing, but it was far less than is common. There was no possibility to pay for good reviews in influential media.

Otherwise there were some events like Gamescon where anyone could play some piece of game in current state, and journalist could do some interviews later. And also there were fans like Eso, who also did interviews and gathered information, because they liked the game and maybe because it brought them more audience.

Oh, not that again. Yes I already agreed that I understand your view, and that by your view playing game is really similar to reading book. Believe it or not, many people like it. Including me. If you feel that $50 is too much for a novel, then know that script for this game was larger then all books of Game of Thrones. And also know that for many people this price is OK. That is economy … request, offer, price … this stuff, you know. One Shady will not make difference.

No, I don’t think they’re paid. They’re partnerships. Developers give certain influencer’s in media access to things early because it’s good for marketing. However, this means I’m not hearing the marketing from Warhorse, and instead, and hearing it from a third party that is free of accountability. This is why I think my interpretation of the game was wildly different from what it actually is. I’m hearing influencer’s gloat about things that aren’t warranted, because they’re keeping up their end of the partnership. Now Warhorse is likely to give all of those people who gave them good press , more access in the future , keeping each other alive. Though, it’s not helpful if it’s not done responsibly, because consumers don’t forget. I know Euro companies are still learning the whole free market thing lol.

I also don’t think playing a game should be like reading a book… It just so happens that playing THIS game is like reading a book. I don’t like that. I like the game function to be a reflection of my skill as a player of the game. Skill that is substantive. I guess I just don’t like the RPG genre, because it’s not challenging, it’s just busy work. There’s nothing in this game that I can get better at. My character is getting better at things based on a time metric, not a skill metric. I’m not being challenged as a gamer.

Watch the documentary I reccomended, and wait until they talk about the anti-racist campaign. You will see that you can’t talk about partnership. Also till release Warhorse did video updates about the game, where you could hear information directly from Dan Vávra. I watched development closely, and I don’t feel to be victim of influencers. Warhorse was very open till the end.