I don't understand where to find information

I don’t know what you’re talking about dude? I’m not watching a documentary? Are you talking about the historical accuracy and the outrage mob’s? What do I care about outrage mobs? Those people are morons. Props to Warhorse for standing their ground. That’s also part of the reason I bought the game, so it’s not all bad news. I support the truth , idc how offensive. I was just hoping for a game that challenged me. Something that I could practice at, and become more competent at.

As we said before, then this game is probably not for you. But don’t forget that others appreciate it.
If you want to give it another try, then play as horse archer. This is most player-skill demanding activity in KCD I can think of.

Yes, exactly that. Influential gaming media in fact did anti-KCD campaign, not pro-kcd. No partnerhip with Warhorse and media.

I’ll give it a try. Hopefully it’s not going to make me more competent based on a time metric. I’m like a pro horse rider already, and all i did was press W. I’m also a pro archer, and all I did was left click and release. No skill required, just busy work in the form of time.

And you can actually hit something? Can you clear whole cuman camp with bow and arrows only? Don’t tell me that there is no player’s skill behind that.

Well the more time I spend tapping a key, the easier it gets. So I guess if i tap W, or left click enough, I’ll be able to do it very easily. Shooting the bow is very easy for me now, but wasn’t early on, though as a player of the game, I’m literally executing the same command. The only difference is the amount of time I’ve spent clicking the button. It’s busy work.

As Henry develops, it is getting easier. But it is not easy even with pro-Henry, at least not for me. If it is easy for you, then ok, you are too good. Go play Starcraft 2, THAT would be skill-demanding enough :slight_smile:

I’ll give you the sim racing example (though you could use almost any game), the mechanic of sim racing is that of driving the car. Yes you’ll get better, but there’s a certain amount of skill required to accomplish that. It’s not just tapping a key for 6 hours. It’s an actual motor skill. In FPS games, it’s similar. Fast twitch FPS games are based on response time and strategy. You can learn to be more competent at those things. I don’t know what I’m supposed to learn in KCD.

Well I do know what I’m supposed to learn… It’s the history told in the story of the game. That’s why I’d just prefer a book.

Yes, I understand it, and again, KCD is not that demanding in this way. You need multiplayer skill based games for this. There your skill as player is never high enough.

Oh it is though. I’m all over the Project Cars 2 leader boards, and BF1 rankings etc. I like the competition and challenge. So in that way it’s enough, because at this point in time, nobody in the world has driven a ford GT around Bathrust faster than I have. Lol.

And ENOUGH! I enjoyed the conversation, but it was enough of it now. We have almost midnight here. Good night to you, I am going to sleep :slight_smile:

How? Press I for Inventory and now switch to the Player tab in the Top of that window
There are all Abilities which Henry can learn. You can click on one of them and the list will be extended.

I’ve read the entire thread and can say that there definitely is one aspect where yo can improve your skills.

** Paying attention to the conversations you enter into in game.

Take the now famous “I can’t read and therefore cannot make the concoction I need”.
Well. You are told early on about a scribe who can help you learn to read.
You don’t pay attention to that and ignore it because it isn’t part of the main quest.

Eventually you find out that reading is part of the main quest. Even to the point where you claim it is required even if the conversation leads you to the fact it isn’t.

You should have paid enough attention to the game and remembered that there is a way for you to learn to read and therefore how to brew.
But you don’t because that is too much like reading a book. And you wanted a game. Not a book.

And you only do the main quest.

Since you ignored the conversation bit about buying the potion elsewhere, it is safe to say that in a roundabout way reading has become part of the main quest in your playthrough.

So what do you really complain about?

That your attention span is beyond this type of game?

4 Likes

The book on the right of the alchemy table has 2 chapters (recipes, and herbs) ; to switch between them you have to press the button shown on the bottom of the screen. You seem to have been only in the second chapter, which is strange because by default when you enter the alchemy bench and read the book on your right it shown the recipe chapter, not the herbs chapter !
Alchemy bench (and herbs/recipe merchants) are located in the woods (witches), or at rattay town (west, close to one of the churches, close to the clothes shop), or at the monastery. By the way during the embrocation quest go to the alchemy bench of Rattay. (i am holding your hand atm)

The game tells you a lot of these things, or you have to explore to discover some, or you can ask on this forum. Don’t be childish and tell us that some of those things aren’t obvious.

there’s only 1 recipe you can read->wrong : there is only one that you have learnt. Other you will find it in books (in chests, or buy them).

Reading is not mandatory, but it helps since some characters will be inverted until you know well how to read.

It seems to me you didn’t listen what NPC’s are telling you.
When you awake in Rattay, Thersa tells you to talk to her uncle the miller and he will tell you that you own the apothecary 50 Groschen and it is expected that you pay your dept.
If you talk to the apothecary you can see that you can ask him about learning to read and he offers something to sell too. Aren’t you curious what someone might have usefully to offer?

2 Likes