I Hate to be a Fart But

Dude, just stop it.

Private investor is Zdeněk Bakala, czech businessman. He provided funds to start development, with condition - KCD had to succeed on kickstarter, otherwise no more money would be provided.

Deep silver is NOT financing the game, it is mainly DISTRIBUTING it. As such, they have very little word into game development itself.

Alchemy in this game is sooooo much better than in any other games you have mentioned, that its ridiculous to even claim something like that.
Lockpicking and pickpocketting minigames are also incredibly fun and well done.
There is no weaponsmithing, but sharpening and repairing minigames are so much more ellaborate then anything I ever saw, that its mindboggling why nobody did it before.

Witcher 3 did not have stable companions neither, nor it had stealth+stealing mechanics at all, so what the hell are you babbling about KCD not having enough features? Not to mention that skyrim had those features, but they were hillariously underdeveloped (how many times you got stucked inside room by your companions? How fun is alchemy, when you just click on things in inventory? How well works stealth when it barely takes in account sound and is just visibility check? How well is done pickpocketting when its just “press E to pickpocket” with paused time?) All of this is much better in this game.

Story is approximately 30 hours, + shitload of hours for sidequest and explorations, there MIGHT be 60-100hours of gameplay overall as stated by Dan Vavra.

And there are NO ACTS anymore. KCD is complete, standalone game with very long playtime and complete story. IF it is success, there might be sequel, which will have story based on planned act 3 - but no more acts right now.

There are currently no CONFIRMED DLC, there are rumours that some things might be added as DLC (like female hero storyline), but nothing is confirmed yet, and payment/distribtion models were not really mentioned at all - again there are only rumours that backers will get DLCs for free (as they now get preorder bonuses aswell).

Also please note that only thing separating KCD from AAA title is smaller budget and rather short development time for new studio. In most other aspects it definitely feels AAA - and when it comes to gameplay systems (reputation, sneak, stealing, minigames, archery, fencing, player stats, AI, settings, world building, save system) its borderline revolutionary in every one of these aspects - because everything works just like you would expect it to work in real life.

Any other questions?

9 Likes

I hate to burst your bubble but three acts were never intended in the first game and not for $60. It was going to be a release of act 1 then act 2 later and then finally act 3, all separate acts. To get the first 2 acts was $125 on Kickstarter which included other bonuses as well.

If anything you are now getting more content for the same $60.

I love when people point to the Witcher as if it wasn’t $60 at launch and I guarantee most of you snapped up the DLC ($35) as well. So $95 in total. It was nice of them to give out some free dlc though.

Just my $.02

3 Likes

OP, has run out of replies. Me and him have been pming each other, and he asked me to pen a message for him.

He understands the situation of the game, and publisher, and the situation with him thinking Alchemy was removed, was an honest mistake. He can still see the replies, and says if anyone else has information on the game relevant to the thread, he’d be happy to read it.

2 Likes

No problem. If you have doubts just wait for game test of the final game any maybe for some play throughs.

Wow, this must be the most uninformed OP i’ve seen here for a while.

1 Like

Either that or he is the worst and least funny troll I have seen so far.

1 Like

I did fail to read all comments

This is why I have stopped participating in discussion here. Wild guesswork and uninformed opinion covered liberally with fantasy and twisted into complaints. The internet world citizen has become mainly a creature that believes firstly that declaring disappointment in advance of events is valid or interesting, and secondly that actually seeing what a finished product is really like is just a waste of time.

My belief is firmly that in any endeavor that I undertake, I be given the opportunity to fail. But do not punish me for failing until the task is completed.

All time it was SirWarriant trolling you. Forum would be dead without him.

1 Like

It is one more normal game on that earth… who cares the price for missing features?!
Steam has many crap games which got bought by every second person on that earth!
I said it in past too, the missing features are for most endusers arguments to buy and play RPG’s.
Many discussion here in the forum are an proof for it.
But reality fucks us everyday and people will still buying it.
Whether forging is integrated or not. Whether dog companion is integrated or not.
So welcome to one of the darkest years in gaming history!

I wasn’t trolling.

2 Likes

Total war also went the wrong way after medieval 2 total war kingdoms, they ask alot and only the fanbase buys other titles.
I think KCD is worth the money, atleast 40 euro is good price for it I think. 60 ? I dont think so, as you mentioned, Story is short if rushed through main quests, otherwise around 120-200 hours of exploring. Modability is equal to zero. I dont understand how engine is considered as modable but I do belive that cryengine isn’t.

save your money on the other garbage out there, buy this game instead. so it won’t be a money issue then.

60 seems to be the usual price for a video game, these days, so why is 60 suddenly “too much” for a game like KC:D?

1 Like

These days people spend 60 bucks on the initial game. Only to spend even more in the game to buy lootboxes/packs/premium currency.

Be glad it’s ‘just’ the 60 dollar. For that you get quite a bit of story, exploration and a important factor for most here, a niche game.

Most of us have only dreamed of a game that is atleast a bit realistic, me personally i love that we play a character who is just a commoner. And not some big hero, we have enough games that do that.
Every game has it pro’s and cons,

• Skyrim has a huge world to explore, great modabillity. Shit story and the world doesnt deel that… good/right to me. 60 bucks not counting DLC.
  • The witcher 3 is one of the best games, even today, out there. For a reason. And one of the only games justified to have a 60 dollar price tag. CDPR started around 120 people and grew from there, Warhorse has 120 people at the end of development, most are new and as a new studio needs to find its way. So some leniancy here and there should be given. 60 bucks, 35 for DLC (great DLC by the way, absolutly worth it)
    Call of duty/any generic shooter has a shit story campaign, and you pay 60 bucks to play online, not including buying mappacks. Some shooters don’t have a active multiplayer and you still spend 60 dollar.

The point is, most games lack in something but still ask the price they do. Because people buy ot anyway, or it is the general pricing trend in the market. You don’t agree with it? Don’t buy. Complaining on the forum will not help, especially a month from release.

OP is probably not even reading the topic anymore.

4 Likes

@SerHaroldTheDimWit
I mean, what is there to debate. At the end of the day this is a very individual decision.
I would have bought this game even if it would have been more expensive, because I love the realism, historical accuracy and lots and lots of unique and innovative features. This game is really unique.
Also I really like the studio. I like that they are so transparent about what they are doing, and their updates give me trust in their abilities.

1 Like

I am still viewing the topic. Just listening to what people have to say. Don’t think I need to say I agree or disagree on every comment unless I feel it’s necessary to correct something.

I am probably going to wait until this game is sub $60, which I expect will be relatively soon after release, only a couple months for 25% off or more hopefully. I barely buy any games for $60 anymore, the last $60 game I purchased for full price on steam was back in may and that was Nier: Automata.

Alchemy was never abandoned, here is another nice video:

Good to read you’re still here, I just assumed it because your last post was 6 days ago, on this topic.