I have dagger but i can’t use it

yeah, we both fell for the trap that shouldn’t have been

a dagger in a sword fight is a losing battle but the player and the NPCs can fight unarmed against an opponent wielding sword. so, not being able to dagger fight against a sword doesn’t make much sense. there should definitely be dagger fighting animations beyond stealth kill. in fact, in some places now and most likely then, dagger/knife fights are the most common armed fights

True that, it’s certainly a bit of a shame. But who knows, maybe sometime in the future we’ll be able to whip out a dagger in a drunken tavern brawl :grin:

exactly.

in medieval times, combat manuals were created. in german, Fechtbücher. Among these was one called Nürnberger Handschrift GNM 3227a (written circa the game time period). Included in this combat manual is a description of combat with a dagger and a long knife (Messer).

The dagger was an offhand weapon that was used in a clinch during combat. They made it unequipable with the day one patch. hopefully they bring it back.

Those are the cons of not reading the information given to you. But i cant talk i read the basic stats etc. I like to read em as i unlock them rather than going to every perk having a preconsception of what im building, I’d probably jist forget half of them anyway. All i know is im a knight and will take the perks i unlock that i think would be useful to me as a knight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Surely its the complete opposite and calling someone retarded for having sense to read information provided doesnt help either. I cant talk however I’ve lost my temper replying to some dumbfounded remarks on here :stuck_out_tongue: I do tend to apoligise though

No, it’s called being detailed, organized and prepared by doing my homework. Don’t like it, tough luck cupcake!

I seriously cannot believe that people are being insulted here for asking about the dagger.
First of all, daggers were weapons as any other, they were used in combat and the art of dagger combat was taught and practiced. On Scottish Highlands, for example, most people were very poor and could not afford a sword, but almost every adult man had a dagger called “dirk” and knew how to use it, and most quarrels and duels were done by these dirks.
Saying that it’s okay that daggers cannot be used in combat, because “there is no chance” against a sword is nonsense. Sure, no soldiers marched to battle armed just with daggers, but in a life or death situation, any weapon is better than bare hands, daggers were also secondary weapons of last resort for many combatants, for example archers.
So there is nothing wrong on expecting that daggers would be equippable and usable in combat as any other weapons.
The fact that they are not is inconsistent and confusing, I am sure that the devs had their reason, but I would be personally happier if you could fight with daggers too.

3 Likes

Puts down beer - Give me a dagger and I promise I’ll single handily kill an entire Cuman army with it in this game. :joy:

2 Likes

I bought it too, 150 nettle worth! :sweat_smile: Guess I’ll go pick some more herbs

The “Hold my beer” guy has arrived. The party can officially begin…lol

I’m sorry but i think it’s incredibly rude for you to tell someone to read about perks before playing the game. I don’t know why every gamer site has rude people who post comments like this, especially when your comment is so ludicrous as to tell someone that they should have read about equipping daggers a weapon that would be your first weapon in most games like this in the MASSIVE tutorials and manuals section before playing. If you sat there and read through each tutorial and gameplay manual page before playing good for you, but since I know you didn’t and that you are playing angry vicious things just because it’s easy to be a big man(or woman) to someone who is simply asking a question when you are behind your phone or computer screen how about next time if you don’t have anything but venom to add to a discussion you either bite yourself or go cry into and bite your pillow instead of trying yo make another person feel like they are lesser than you. I’m so sick of people and posters like you. You read the guide, and then jump your henry off a bridge and sod off.

1 Like

Daggers are fine as they are right now. It would be silly to run around with plate armor, and a dagger. A sword is way more logical, and was more common. If you are going the full ´´Look how good I am, Look at my skill, I use a bad weapon and still win´´ then you can use the bludgeon, sax or your fists. If you go ´´Look how stealty I am, they don´t see me even when I kill them right in front of each other´´ then you don´t need a dagger for anything but back stab. See it as a challenge.

What game are you talking about? :smiley:

reading is the best skill we humans have. its insulting to come in here and answer something thats explained in the codex. that is just lazy. rtfm

1 Like

How late are you? this was months ago… :-1::joy:

2 Likes

It was not so, and a dagger is not a “bad weapon”. It is incorrect to make a parallel between a dagger and a bludgeon. Every knight in plate armour had a dagger as a backup for close combat, when the dagger was used to exploit the joints and openings between the armour plates of the enemy. In this regard, you can look at the dagger as an extreme variant of half-swording. A sword is absolutely useless against plate armour, while a dagger is not. This sounds paradoxical, but true. By the way, swords were not “more common”. The role of a sword is too much exaggerated in popular culture (which I completely understand, because swords are cool), but they were not as prominent as many think. In fact, swords comprise less than a half of all archeological findings among weapons.

2 Likes

years, man :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

XBox One:
I not able to equip my dagger either.

Nobody is able to equip a dagger. You just have it in your inventory. As soon as you get the perk “Stealth kill” you’ll be able to use the dagger.

1 Like