I have dagger but i can’t use it

I have a dagger but i can’t use or equip it. When i try to sneak up from behind,the choice is only Takedown, not stab it.

The dagger is the same as any weapon… you equip it in inventory and then use rb or rt to attack.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s not available to equip. At least not on my save on PS4.

hmmm seems strange. is it in quest items? i remember getting a dagger that was to be used in a quest so maybe you can’t equip?

Using a dagger to stealth-kill someone is actually a perk that you have to unlock. If you go to your player stats under stealth, it’s the last one if i remember correctly.

1 Like

May be daggers is for silent kill from behind?
I’m slowpoke :о)

Dagger is a perk you unlock. Read your perk info first, then play the game.

3 Likes

Lol.

You obviously haven’t got a dagger.

You can’t equip it.

It’s a special weapon that’s used once you reach a specific level.

Please don’t post if you’re clueless about the topic.

5 Likes

Way to be an arrogant prick.

8 Likes

Yes…because asking questions about gameplay is somehow against forum etiquette? Get a life, asshole.

2 Likes

Yeah, because the first thing I am going to do when I get my brand new game is read all the way through all of the skills and their descriptions! Your retarded.

1 Like

Lol…indeed my friend.Why people are so salty.If they didn’t want to reply nicely,then don’t do it.

I’ve found two things you need the dagger for:

1. Taking trophies, medieval style! Chop off your enemies ears and sell them to the highest bidder. In this case the honorable Captain Bernard (probably others as well).

2. Unlock the Stealth Kill-perk under the Stealth-skill (Lvl 5 Stealth)

That’s the two things I’ve found till now.

I did. I also read through most of the codex. I don’t see how that makes him a retard?

1 Like

You need also dagger in inventory (your or in horse) for skinning animals i believe

1 Like

wow people are so rude in here he just had a question i know u probably got your answer but to use a dagger to stealth kill you need to be level 5 in stealth and unlock the perk stealth kill :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes,i don’t know why.This is the official forum,people asking anything about the game and i’m asking the related game,not asking how to get a stealth camo in metal gear solid.

3 Likes

just dont let them bother you and enjoy the game mate am also getting a bite bothered in this forum cuz most of th posts and comments are negative :expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

Yes, but one should be able to use a dagger in ways other than stealth kills. i got dagger at vendor in Skalitz thinking it’d be my first usable melee weapon. wrong.

1 Like

I bought that one too hoping i could use it like that. But I guess it would be unrealistic to use it in a swordfight as the main weapon. As an offhand weapon like a parrying dagger it would be a nice alternative to a shield :grinning: but i guess that was only a thing as of the late middle ages when fencing became popular.