I need my Viking role play

Come on devs we need more Viking arms and armour like Lamar and gambasons and most importantly AXES

Their equipment and arms are about 300 years out of date for the game.
Since the game is based on a real time period,; would not make sense.

3 Likes

Steel is steel at least some Norse weapons

No, it is not. What you’re asking is the same as if you go to war nowadays with a Brown Bess. You’d look sophisticated, no doubt, but there are other… points.

Two syllables chain and mail

Bro they had Lamar

Viking longsword

But never mind that ur correct 300 Year’s old dam

What the heck is Lamar?
There is no such thing like viking longsword.

fuck no. that has nothing to do with the game.

he probably mean Laminar and a variant where strips of metal were sewn onto a fabric or leather base.
there was a "Viking"longsword
[The Viking sword comes from the family of swords known as the spatha, the spatha measured on average 83 centimeters in length however the Viking sword itself was slightly longer at around 95 centimeters and weighed in at 2.5 lbs. The blade itself measured on average 74 centimeters in length. The Viking sword was in use until about AD 600 but swords believed to be derived from the Viking sword were in use until AD 1000] ref:http://www.swordhistory.info/?p=41

1 Like

Well, this excerption is saying that a typical viking sword was longer than a typical spatha, but it doesn’t give any definition of what a viking _long_sword is. Anyway, “a viking sword” and “a longsword” refer to completely different sword entities. A longsword implies two-handed grip. I don’t know a viking sword allowing two-handed grip.

Hence the modern misnomer in non scholarly areas.
Just like A small sword isn’t and a bastard sword could be called Knights sword and actually a back up weapon for a lance or heavier sword.

The funny thing is that at the time of their being a real weapon they were all called just “a sword”, and its wielders didn’t really care about the Oakeshott type of the blade they owned :slight_smile: But in spite of that I prefer to use correct terminology, and to my understanding the term “viking longsword” doesn’t make any sense.

there are a lot of terms and names used today that are incorrect for things in the past but have become THE term for general use. Making sense…for the public not so much.

agreed. i would like war horse to continue to stay on the realism and go through the European eras. i feel games made in this fashion will have a bigger educational impact than games like skyrim or likewise. I also hope warhorse eventually goes in to dark age fantasy.