I wish combos were actually useful

Either the enemy is of a high enough difficulty that they will either perfect block or riposte my every attack interrupting the combo or they will just die to the first or second attack in the combo. When I do get the chance to actually use them it is nice, but it is very rare.

2 Likes

Ive never gotten a combo to work

I’ve tried, but I can never seem to pull one off. I get the second and third hit sometimes. The rest gets blocked and my opponent dies sooner than expected.

I get my combo’s off all the time. It takes practice. I practiced with that Captain guy for a few hours. They can DISRUPT your combo. You have to fake them out first.

1 Like

It’s easy to do… Took me awhile. On enemies that constantly parry just keep wailing on them then when your hits start to break through you can mix in a combo. I’m using a mod right now that brings the best weapons down to around 30 damage so my fights do last longer. I still kinda feel overpowered though.

1 Like

You need to wear down their defenses a bit first. Block an attack, then immediately follow with a combo chain. The half-swording one for the shortsword reliably kills lightly and medium armored targets at full health for me. If you have Headcracker, the other shortsword move where you hit them with your pommel frequently knocks out opponents.

1 Like

Those of you on pc might wanna go into the core files and change the skill to damage parameter. That should help prevent one shot kills for the most part.

All longsword and shortsword combos.
3 Likes

I wish combos were easier to activate instead of left, right, left, stab, etc maybe they could be something more simple like left, attack, attack +hold the second attack+ hold will activate to combo. You would be limited to 6 combos, but anyways that is my thought on the matter.

Combos are useful… well for low to mid level enemies. When I got the high level ones they do just riposte and block the hell out of your strikes, even when I made an opening through a riposte or perf block.

Thank you for giving a link t0o my video!
I’m currently trying to get my mace skill to 20 as well so the next video will feature the axe and mace combos.

I havent been able to do a combo. Its a shame the mouse movement cant be remapped to the number keypad.

We’re not meant to combo every time we attack but rather use them during the fight in between ordinary attacks, dodges, ripostes etc. but sadly by the time we get to the point that we learn to combo, we’re too OP for the fights to drag on long enough for us to do that.

1 Like

always open with a clinch if you can…if successful, which you should be if you initiate and have even decent strength, it will do a slight knock back and stagger the enemy for a second opening them up for you to start your combo; it also drains their stamina slightly so blocking/riposting will be more difficult for them. Also also, try to use combos that start with a stab…stab are supposed to be the hardest attack to successfully block, even for AI

also try to remember a combo, realistically, is not intended for all attacks to hit but to be able to flow fluidly from attack to attack should you get blocked/riposted or should your strike not kill. If they catch a block try to keep going, if they riposte you’re gonna take the hit…again, open with a clinch (which can be done manually by pressing block as you close distance on your enemy; then start mashing stab or slash, both result in a knock back/stagger with different animations)…i can literally stun lock Cpt Bernard in a corner with clinch stab repeat tactics

2 Likes

Enemies die way too fast mid-late game for me to use combos. I’m perfectly fine with killing unarmored people in a few hits especially with head shots, but it really annoys me when i kill someone in full armor in a couple hits before he can even touch me.

yeah i heard they made combat more drawn out, i hope they edited the armor values, especially for plate. i want that tank vs tank combat when in a fight with a fully armored merc

1 Like