Idea for future treasure maps

I like the idea of the treasure map. IMHO what would make it even better is if the payoff were either unique loot that can’t be gotten any other way, or if a series of maps guided you to pieces of an artifact that was super valuable and/or powerful in the case of a weapon or piece of armor.

Thanks guys for a great game!

1 Like

I also thought about a series of maps in which every map guides to the next map and that one to the next and then to the final one which finally guides you to the treasure.

2 Likes

No. There’s side quest for collecting unique sword pieces. Treasures usually consist of parts of full armor, like Warhorse armor From the Past, so no need. While we all want to loot the best armor in game from hidden chests which is there but some other super powerful divided into pieces? I would better buy my own till I get all the pieces together because of all the bandit encounteres and loot they give which in turn creates a lot of money. I am not a loot hoarder but it’s easy to pick up good sets from fallen enemies, not the best stats, though, but at least I don’t always have to pay for repairing everything, despite I damage their armor in process but still better than my 0.

2 Likes

I would like, if the treasures wouldn´t be hidden in the same places.
(Every start of a new game).
They should be located every time in a new place.

And you can only find a treasure if you have the right map.
First you have to get a map and after this you can find the treasures.

There shouldn´t be maps at a shop/trader… too easy!!!

There should be fake maps,… buy or get a map but no treasure… Invest money and time,… seek danger places but no guarantee for a rich finding.

Like in movies… one part is not enough. You need 2 or 4 parts of a map. Only if you find all parts you get a really good and valuable treasure…

2 Likes

I think it would be a great idea for a few maps like they did with the ancient maps but this time leading to unique armour and weapons of the knights templar or maybe a hidden grave they disappeared before the setting of KCD so it might fit in nicely

I would agree with this exept this.

The treasure is or was there. Regardless if you have a map or not.

I would like to see that some trasures are harder to find. For example a grave in the woods nobody was carring about for the last 50 years should be much harder to detect. And some times maybe there was once a trasure but someone else took it.

Also a landmark on the map could be vanished like this big tree once standing proud in the countryside than a thunderstorm crossed the land and a lightingbolt ended the life of this tree. After a while the rest got so rotten that is droped down during a strong breeze and now lies on the ground covered with moss and mushrooms.
I belive that would give every treasure hunter some headache.

And maybe the treasure isn’t so usefull in 1403. For example some one hide a good piece of armour about the year 1300 it wouldn’t have the same value now because it’s technically out dated or maybe to some degree rotten.

1 Like

Only old treasures are there and you don´t need a map to find them. You can always dig them…
But new ones with new clothes/armors, weapons and potions should be dynamically generated.
Do you know the game Stalker? There are many Points of Interest, but only if you get an (useful) information, they are filled with a good loot.

Maybe WH has planned also such a system. Think of all the POI in the game… There are many, many without any loot.

So for the Treasure of the Past you need the maps… because it´s a DLC

Than there should be some maps you can find old stuff but not in every new game in the same place and loot.
(Maybe you can find only one part of the map… and the places should be more dangerous).
Getting rich with treasures shouldn´t be so easy in the game. Even in Hardcore mode it should be more difficulty.

And at last some random stuff in dynamic places… You hear some rumors in a tavern, … a traveller tells you a story, or a bandit surrenders and gives you information for his life…

I think this would bring much interaction and immersion.

1 Like

Maybe this could be arranged if you give a treasure position a number standing for detection chance (= how far away from streets and paths it is and is it nearer to Rattay or Skalitze etc.) and how easy it is to get the treasure (like nothing is needed, a shovel is needed or it is proper looked away etc.). Than give a rareness number to items that could be found with schnapps pretty common on one end and the St.Michael sword for example at the other end. Using a random generator at the start of each new game and when a unique item like the sword is once placed it couldn’t be placed once more.
This wouldn’t change the treasure places but the player wouldn’t know what he will get.

If you like to be a little nasty you could also set a secret timer, also using a random generator at the start, for treasures beeing taken by NPC’s (I would like if this would be animated). And it’s more likely that treasures who are easy to find and to get are more likely to beeing taken by NPC’s as others.
I wouldn’t let vanish all the stuff away, because some items might be selled by those NPC’s to storekeepers. So if the St.Michael sword for example is carried away before the player has found the treasure, he could buy it for a proper price at a store.

1 Like

I found both maps and treasures XXV and VIII if you’d like to add them to this nice map. I’ve linked my original post on them