Idea for sequel

It might be out of place because we don’t even know the release date yet, but I was thinking what other historical sets this game would work with.
The ideas I like are:
100 years war in France,
War of the roses in England,
Play as young Ceasar in Rome as Sulla is after him.

Ok, it’s off my chest now :slight_smile:

Well not so much sequels, as other games like this, just in different settings:P

The world needs a open world RPG Viking game. Does that count as a sequel? :confused:

Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest is sort of that.

Sort of.

I know, I bought Mount & Blade: Warband only because of the viking DLC. Not even touched the main game itself yet…

1 Like

There are some excellent mods for warband, definitely look some up.

Vikings would need a huge word, they got around a lot.
But a 1066 England set would be awesome too.

戦国時代. 10 characters.

Sorry I would prefer the Italian Wars. I believe there are much more possibilitys with all this opposing factions. Be it fighting, intrigue, spying and Renaissance arts.

1 Like

I like the ideas you mentioned however one of them already exist but not in the RPG-sense like Kingdom Come Deliverance does. I LOVE Bladestorm The Hundred Years War, even bought the new version on PS4. It’s not RPG and it has fantasy elements but is still a highly enjoyable game that unfortunately not many people bought.

Another suggestion since no game was ever made surrounding this battle or this period:

Kingdom Of France VS County of Flanders, most famous battle is the Battle of The Golden Spurs were mostly Flemish peasants (Flemish myself) won against French knights and infantry in 1302 at Kortrijk (Courtrai). Almost no French were spared since they commited torture, rape and murder in cities before the battle. Really famous here, even got a film long ago.

On July 11, 1302, the townsmen of Courtrai and other Flemish rebels defeated a French army outside the walls of their city, in what is considered one of the most important battles in the Middle Ages. The victory of infantryman over a mounted forces of knights was a shock to the current military thought of that period.

The rest of the French army quickly fell apart, and the total victory was secured. It was a terrible loss for French nobility as over 70 lords were killed. The Flemish collected 500 golden spurs from the dead indicating a large amount of wealthy elite they dispatched. These spurs were sent to be displayed at a local church.

Agreed. But which side of the coin I wonder… invading Normans or the defending Anglo-Saxons?

These periods would be amazing… there’s no way you could cover the entirety of the 100 years war, but even say the battles of Crecy or Agincourt and centered around those sorts of events and machinations would be awesome.

War of the Roses would be amazing as well though. So much political intrigue, and the battles. Man… yep a crazy time.

I mean, going even further back to the late 800’s even… to Alfred, to Wessex and the Danes.

So much potential

I think the saxon side would be more interesting. 2 major battles, lots of marching that quests could be built around. Being one of Harold’s husclars maybe. And a bloody brutal end.

A game like this set in the crusades would be nice. Theres a lot of game material.

This happened in around the same time period as Kingdom Come: Deliverance. So it will be even relatively easy to make a mod about it, as you can use most of the assets from the original game. It will be a bit more difficult with the later war of the roses or the much more earlier Viking or 1066 England era.

Do you mean user made mods or DLC for later?

Oh, I forgot another one: the invasion of Gotland 1361 by Valdemar Atterdag of Denmark.

User made mod. :slight_smile:
And yes, Gotland 1361 would also be very interesting.

That sounds good, although I think that the original story with acting is the main part of the game, and I’m not sure how a modder will make a whole new story. But what do I know, I never modded any game.

I’m glad to hear that the game, which even haven’t released yet, has such loyal community. I hope Warhorse will value their community in the future as they do it now :slight_smile:

How about the buildings? Did the buildings in northern France and in the Gascony look like those in Bohemia?