Immersive Balance mod

Just waited to say if you’re on PC and think the combat gets too easy because of the scaling…

You NEED this mod.

It’s simply the best mod out right now, and I’ve tried them all. I feel like with this mod this is how the game is meant to be played, so much more challenging and satisfying.

Here are the notes on the current and previous versions of this mod…

Def check it out and endorse the mod creator – he put loads of work into testing and finding balance with combat.

Changes made in v1.0

1. Weaponskill-scaling disabled
  2. More aggressive enemy-groups
  3. Increased influence of armorload to movementspeed and staminaregen
  4. Item changes:
    4.1 balanced Armor-weight according to price and defence-rating
    4.2 ‘Leather / Hunter’s gloves’ no longer heavy armor
    4.3 ‘Queen of Sheba’s sword’ no longer useless and properly adjusted
  5. Shops:
    5.1 very slightly reduced selling-prices
    (shops no longer pay willingly more than the item is worth)
    5.2 further reduced selling-prices at fences
  6. slightly reduced Herb-gather XP and Herb-gather Radius
  7. reduced Aim-Spread
  8. no longer Blind NPCs
  9. Stay Clean for a more realistic time
  10. Higher SkillXP through reading, making it possible to achieve max level

Changes in v1.1:
11. increased influence of item-status to price
(not as much as I hoped due to system-limitation)
12. decreased influence of Armor- and Weapon-status to defense / attack
(giving common enemies a slight boost)
13. Decreased Specialperfectblock-Window for player
14. decreased prevalence of Perfectblock and Specialperfectblock on enemies

Changes in v1.2:
15. Longswords no longer massively OP
15.1 bigger dmg penalty for 1H Longsword
15.2 increase reach of Longswords
16. “Heavy Swing” Buff no longer OP; “Fast Striker” Buff influence decreased
17. Reduced price and increased weight of meat; adjusted prices for all Herbs
20. Balanced Weapon-dmges for ALL lootable weapons against max-armor. Introducing the biggest change to ingame Balance yet!
Results in NPCs doing a lot more dmg; while massively nerfing OP-Weapons.
Now the the most defining factor for the outcome of a battle is the equipment of the opponents!

I will definitely try this mode.

1 Like

i’ed honestly like to see a video how does affect group combat
fuck it, just stick to using gambson armor and use the Thumper sword or the merchant’s longsword
this whole mod just adds layers of tedium and more grind to the vanilla game
pass.

It makes a huge difference – the attack delay for the AI is shorter. AI attacks more aggressive in numbers and stop “waiting their turn” to attack.

Heavy armor was nerfed. You still get same armor rating but the weight was increased and your stamina is effected negatively. When fighting 2 or more enemies I found my stamina depleted completely a lot for trying to deal with them. I had to turn tail and run quite a bit, just to create a gap big enough so I can regen stamina and get back into the fight. Combos and feints definitely matter even more.

All damage scaling was removed so you’re not one shotting anything unless they are badly armored or naked.

I went through Rattay with full gear and St.Georges sword and I was having a hard time. Well armored enemies take 4-6 good hits sometimes more. I found that fighting 2 or more enemies at once was significantly challenging but in a balanced way.

The AI wasn’t improved in anyway really other than making them more efficient and smarter so it’s not like attacking sword sponges with tons of HP.

i still don’t get why he increased meat weight and made getting money from selling worse
the economy of this game might be a little easy to break (making millions by simply tipping merchants)
but isn’t that a legit strategy? (provided you give them an actual tip and not just a groschen or two)

He increased the weight of meat and adjusted merchant selling cost to prevent or reduce early game cheese.

The problem with the balancing factor of the game is the easy cheese to get lots of money and getting strong gear way too early.

but isn’t that the point of poaching? to get big money early!
like seriously Gothic 1 the fastest way to make money was simply either hunting
or selling swords&shit

i don’t see how that’s “broken” or "cheesy"
you still have to get a horse to store all that meat anyway so you can’t cheese without investment

1 Like

It’s easy to cheese cus you can go out get all this poached meat, sell to miller, go out get all these herbs sell to merchants and get thousands of gold before even doing your first quest in Rattay.

That is super cheese, that sort of cheese and having access to top tier gear from merchants is a factor that makes the game unbalanced. So basically if you cheese it correctly, you can have top tier armor the first couple hours of the game which destroys the challenging factor.

This is why I think heavier armors should even have strength requirements, so you can’t be in full noble plate armor at level 2 and just rolfstomp through the game.

He increased the penalties for armor, sell costs, and nerfed herbalism so it curtails this cheese and forces you to actually “progress” through the game and get stronger as you go. Not be a god as soon as you start.

If you make too much money early on, you’ll lose all incentive in side quests that already pay too little.

That’s another problem – with the amount of god tier loot all over the place and so many easy ways to make money sidequests hardly feel worth doing. The rewards are usually bad.

2 Likes

Need to get this. But I also want to wait and see how the WH team itself updates it

bullshit many side quests increase your stats
finding the horse? horsemanship
doing the gardening for the priest? herbalism

even basic side quests like fist fighting will increase your Vit and main stats
(not to mention if you complete the FF in Ushitz you get an agility perk book, a book which you can’t buy)

while i do agree on the armor part, you still have to train in order to wield higher tier weapons for the late game
(need 10 str for the Mundeburg sword which you win from the faint hearted knight)
Armor should be more constrictive, but do remember well made Armor isn’t that heavy (Brigandine for example)

Most of them don’t increase your stats that much. Except for hunting constantly maybe. But once your level goes over a certain level, you’ll be a god at everything and you’ll lose even that reason.

Getting skills and books being the only incentive. But I’ve did so many sidquests and get rewarded with like 25 gold.

and exp, to be honest side quests are quite useless in terms of gains
but some of them do provide a mental challange
(like having to read the herb book to find that purple flower which is good against bruises)

I wish there were some way to reduce the prevalence of plate armor. You can find that stuff under every rock, nook, cranny, and blade of grass. If guards, soldiers, and bandits could have their equipment tables changed so that fewer of them wear items like Milanese cuirasses… alas. Dreams are dreams. :frowning:

1 Like