Improve reputation

Tipping works really well for individual traders, only give the minimum tip as it doesn’t seem to give more rep with more tip. Basically the more transactions you do with the minimum tip, the better. As for the rest of the town though…yeah it’s a bit harder. As others have said; bandits/cumans, alms to beggers, jail time, quests, giving water to guy in pillory or just straight paying them all off. At least the latter would be a good way to burn those tens of thousands of groschen I guess.

I robbed the Swordsmith is rattay which killed my rep with him and to get my rep back up from 12 (post-jailtime) I had 2 torches in my inventory, sold him 1 then bought it back while also selling him my second torch (making the offer as generous a possible) and i kept selling and buying 1 torch from him to quickly get my rep up (about 1.?? points per trade). Kind of a immersion breaking exploit but if you dont really care this is a nice and quick way to get your rep up with merchants. General tip is to sell an item you have atleast 2 of. You need 2 because its alot faster (e.g torch cost 4 Groschen to buyback 5 Gros. with tip; 100 Groschen spent = ~20+ rep) as compared to just selling 1 item and buying the same item back from merchant. I got my rep up to 64 with the merchant then it stopped rising regardless of what i buy or sell

i keep hearing the give alms to beggers thing but ive never figured out how to do that. Nothing on google and speaking to them gives no option, even tried dropping alms onto them. i have done the give drinks to pillory guy though

1 Like

Yup, I see no way to give anything to beggars either.

I suspect this is mostly bugs but also I find the level of disapproval for minor indiscretions is ridiculous. The lost in translation quest bugged for me so I had to pick the lock to get the prisoner and all of a sudden I’m -100 rep in Sassau?! Surely -20 or something would be more reasonable, it’s not like I killed someone!

the jailtime trick works, but unfortunately you automatically fail some quests (mainly given by nobility) if you have been to jail so it’s not an ideal solution.

Trade with ppl and when haggling give them the max that they want from you. You don’t have to do the max but some portion of what they want from you. Hand out wine or drinks to ppl in the pillarey.

Anybody know how to improve reputation with the Rattay soldiers? I have 15 reputation with them for some reason. It was up to 50 after completing Ginger In a Pickle, but has since gone back down. I have an overall repuation of 70 for Rattay(86 merchants and 100 for both citiizens and refugees).

If you want to have better reputation with citizens you have to pay money to the church in the city where you are.

go to the church there you can give alms .