Infinite loading screen after Cold steel hot blood cutscene

hello,i’m playing KCD on 1.7.2 patch and i always get an infinite loading screen after watching a cutscene when we fire the Talmberg trebuchet for the first time,and find out someone is coming to attack us, the cutscene gives me the cold steel hot blood quest,but its just a black screen with a loading icon,and it shows that i got the quest. tried from loading older saves, from switching screen modes to reinstalling, nothing worked,help me pls:(

I’m having the same problem. Version 1.7.2 no mods, infinite loading screen after the cutscene. Really annoying, would love to finish the game but i can’t. :frowning:

So after reaching out to the Support i got a reply that said “we know that this bug exists and are working on it, thanks for informing us.” No solution.
I found this quite dissapointing as an answer, so i kept searching the net and found this workaround, that worked for me:

install the Cheat mod from

when it gets to the infinite loading screen, open the console with ~ and type “cheat_save” and press Enter. It should print a message that the game was saved. Restart the game and load the latest save. It should put you right after the buggy cutscene.