Ingame Nudity ?!

Wrong!
Of course, there is.
But if you really make this connection in your head than the problem is on your end.
Strangely, it seems only prude people make this connection.

There are so many points already made in this thread, explaining why it’s not true. There is a difference, please look again.

Did you ever see, for instance, your mother naked by chance?
Did you want to fuck her right away?
I dont think so. :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, let’s stoop down to advertising to 15 year old males? No thanks. If the game has it, within reasonable context, it is fine, but to make it a center of attraction for fan-service? Yeah… No. Especially, keep it out of ads.

Kingdom Come -> historically accurate RPG for adults;
Advertisements -> addressing minors.

Do you see a conflict?

The game contains mature stuff. Nudity is just one of many mature things.
And it isn’t about getting dicks shoved in your face. It will be implemented in a subtle way, means -> without dicks!

Toggleable tits? :smiley:

2 Likes

When it comes to undergarments. I’m not sure how historical accurate you like to be… The braies shown in the game would not have been very modern around 1400 and al least not worn by the upper classes. Short or fitted (latest fashion by 1400) braies would be better, together with a shirt and for the women just a linen smock would have been common underwear.

I back up the topic suggestion - it will be better if character models are made nude in full 3D, then clothing is applied over them. It can be a slight compatibility problem with the Performance capture stretch goal, but it can be short-cutted - intimacy parts can be rendered separately than the rest of character model.

1 Like

The US has its issues… but gore removal is TOTALLY not one of them.

As long nudity isn’t over-sexualised or brings the immersion out of the game ;), it should be alright. After-all, those were the days when prudishness were rampant. Leave that to modders to turn it into the next Elder Scrolls and I won’t mind.

HMMM you bring up an interesting point. I wonder which of our fine male actors will be willing to have proper sensor placement for this O_O Mo-cap Penises FTW

2 Likes

I’d rather see some romance options like in The Witcher 2, done by the devs, not by modders. To really add that extra dimension into the game it would have be incorporated into the story. (Ofcourse, romantic encounters could be optional as in The Witcher 2)

But I agree with most people here, I also don’t see why slaughtering people is okay but some boobs are a no-no.

3 Likes

And the exact same can be said about killing people.
If I don’t like soccer/football I don’t play Fifa xxxx
If I don’t like violence I don’t play First persons shooters or other game with violence
If I don’t like nudity I don’t play a game with nudity…
Iam sure you get the point…

JOYJOY:
The Puritans didn’t exist at this time… Don’t confuse ideas from later Protestant “cults” with how things where in the 15th century.
As I already mentioned frescoes in churches showing nudity was common… Here in Denmark they where chalked over… in the 18th and 19th century… (and not with the reformation as many think)

Age limit:
Kickstarter require that you are age 18+ so naturally the target group of this game must be 18+

4 Likes

Dude just play skyrim if you want nudity. Don’t try to give me that oooh realism crap.
Your a horny male like the rest of us but for some reason your gf is not enough or you dont have one.

Yep, it´s natural…

I am totaly agree with OP.
It always seems soooo fake in rpg when you strip down the armor\clothing, and see same underwear on everyone. If you wont do nudes, at least make different types.
But it would be great to make some in-gameplay nude scenes (not just strippers or hookers, maybe drunk nude man lying on the street, or gambler that lost his pants, just for lulz), and normal sex (not fade-in kissing).

4 Likes

Do you ever watch movies without nudity in them? Do they feel less good?

In this day of large hard drive space I’m not sure why more games don’t include a more detailed set of options on what people will and won’t see… I’d love to see it as a setting in preferences to that people can opt in to have nudity. It would also be nice to have several levels of gore settings so that people can dial up and down how graphic the violence is.

Allowing people to play the game that they want to play shouldn't be an either/or proposition.

Boojum
3 Likes

or maybe just make one version of the game and stop wasting precious development time because some people don’t know what “mature” rating means.

the biggest video game market in the world(usa) has never banned a game due to nudity or violence. why is this such a big concern?

You are conflating an individual player concern with a target market concern.  That the largest game market in the world has never banned a game because of nudity doesn't address the players concerns that this will be a game that they don't want to play.

As for the resources to add a nude texture..  as a 3d graphic artist the overhead is not that great if done during the creation of the textures.   A gubbins (or the like) attached for the male nude characters doesn't have a large overhead either.  Since the adding alternative textures for characters is a fairly minor addition I suspect that an option to turn on or off nudity is a good one.

Your point about the development time is a good one, though I feel adding what is being asked for is simpler than you think.    But your point about the video market really doesn't address the individuals objection.

Boojum

Boobs aren’t the no-no subject. You could drown yourself with the number of games (or other 18+ entertainment media, such as movies and TV) with boobs. It’s penises that most people want to discriminate against. Men should be free to stand with pride! Men should not feel shame for being naked when women are worshiped. We demand equality for penises!

Note
Please don’t take me too seriously, this is mostly a joke :wink:

1 Like

Yes when they go to a bath house or suana (like james bond) then yes it’s less good. I would have loved to see Bond naked ^_- or even think of Bedazzled. The scene where they both look at the guys penis and gasp. I would have loved to see what they gasped about. Or Starship Troopers. You see the women’s breast in the shower with a bunch of men, but all of the men’s private areas are “cleverly” hidden in the full scope of the scene. This is the case in the animated movie as well. So to answer your question, when an appropriate situation comes where one would expect to see someone naked not seeing them naked makes a movie less good.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with nudity as long as it’s done tastefully and fits in with the story and setting. What I don’t want to see is nudity for no other reason than… “Hey look, BOOBIES!”