Is Adding additional weapon slots possible via either patches or modding

Having a sword or mace as a secondary weapon was a common practice among users of more unwieldy or niche weapons such as bows, pikes, greatswords, etc but unfortunately only the first is possible as the game currently exists. Dedicated dagger and torch slots independent of the shield slot would be nice as well. Obviously the game is to late in development for the equipment system to be altered significantly but given how important something like this is for my desired ingame role is a post launch alteration via patches or user mods possible?

It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to mod in. The dagger will not be used in combat, but to stealth kill. Of course there’s no reason why that couldn’t be modded in too.

I think the main reason they didn’t add it is to keep the controller control scheme. Even if there are no such mods, you can easily swap weapons. Keep them in your inventory, and then just change the equipped weapon.

we don’t know how polearms work since they’re on in the game yet. they may be such that you need to drop them or stow them away on the horse or a rack or something to access the sword.

"\we don’t know how polearms work since they’re on in the game yet"
Yes there is a limitation because they are to big for the normal invisible inventory. Not knowing more how they will manage this…

It has been stated that you cannot “shethe” polearms and spears on account of that not being possible, you have to drop them on the ground.

you cannot “shethe” polearms

Now this IS only my own opinion on the matter, but wouldn’t it be possible to ‘‘sheathe’’ a polearm on the side of your horse?

It is highly likely that you can put it in your horse’s storage, assuming storage works in a similar way to the beta. No idea if they are planning to add a model where you can see the polearm on the horse, but I think it would be good if that were the case.

The horse inventory might allow it but I meant that you can shethe and unshethe swords and the like by pressing 1 on the keyboard or whatever. With polarms this cannot be done and you can only drop it or place it in an inventory for later.

shethe and unshethe swords and the like by pressing 1 on the keyboard or whatever.

Well that was a given. I was more meaning you wouldn’t have to leave your polearm behind if your horse could instead carry it. Though that would still make it unavailable in your inventory and you’d have to be beside your horse to access it. Kinda like a one slot chest.