Is it by design that you get stuck when you're over weight?

There are multiple areas in the game where because I’m over carrying capacity that I get stuck. And since you can’t jump when you’re over weight, you have to reload to previous save. Seems lame. Call me a hoarder but that’s how I play. I roam from town to to town and loot. I don’t mind being slowed down from carrying capacity but when I get stuck in a hole and have to reload, it’s really disheartening.

1 Like

Eeeeehm, maybe drop some items, get out of the hole, and come back for them?

2 Likes

Yes, hard to move like this. Devs pls fix.

3 Likes

That´s the freedom of using your playstyle.
Easiest way to avoid this… not using the saddle bags! And evan more realistic, not whistle your horse (for teleportation horse and things transfer). Or play without own horse and do not use the “world” chests.

Depends on You! You have the possibility to play it realistic/much more hardcore.

Yeah, happens to me too. Not just in holes, but even on stairs. It would be fine if there was a rule against climbing stairs while overloaded, but I can climb those small stairs between platform carrying half a ton, but sometimes, when I’m going up a staircase, I can’t climb a random step in the middle. It’s clearly a bug.

For me is the opposite a bug, if you can load things on your shoulder which are heavier than your maximum.
You should not be able to transfer more than the limit. Or maybe to start loosing health slowly (like bleeding) if you are load over the max.
Same for the horse.

1 Like

You have to throw stuff, jump out and pick them back.

It is by design ; it tries to be realistic. Would you be able to move with 5000 lbs of object in a bag at your feet ? In your back ? With a stone in the belly ?
If you reply yes you are under the legal age to play this game, or too cocky to admin that you are wrong.

I don’t think you understood the question, my elderly friend. I was referring to when you get stuck in the terrain while over loaded. Even 1 ounce of being overloaded prevents you from being able to jump so if you happen to stumble into a piece of broken terrain, you will not be able to get out unless you drop weight.

If you’d like to test how frustrating this is for yourself, overload yourself with a bunch of things ready to sell to the Miller Located Northeast of your bed in Rattay. There is a bridge that leads to his house across a small stream. Dismount from your horse before you cross the stream. You will get stuck in a hole that is impossible to get out of if you can’t jump. I implore you to try this before you come back with some insulting nonsense about cockiness or being of a certain age.

I don’t think that you accept other answers than those according to your opinions, my elderly friend.

At least now you understand something obvious, which is : when you are overencumbered it is hard or impossible to jump/move. Try it in real life ; this great RPG is not an usual action rpg or mmorpg ; it focuses on realism.