Is it possible to play on a mouse?

Hey.
I tried the beta two or three times and always got a problem with this fight system. I try to push my mouse in every directions, I click LMB in sequences or like a mad and can’t make a single hit during tutorial.
I don’t like pads so I want to hear your opinion, is it possible to play this game with mouse? Any tips on how to play with it? Maybe I don’t understand something in combat tutorial but I can’t finish it.

yes 10 char

yes might need to mess with mouse sensitivity though
i change the game to 3600 dpi from 2400 when i play this game

To be honest, I found mouse controls more than just clunky. The problem is that you need to move (and you use a mouse for that), and you need to change angles of your attacks and parry - and again - you need to use a mouse for that. As a result - It’s a mess, and I’m thinking about buying something like a steam controller.
It there will be a way to change attack/parry angles with a keyboard (qezx for an example) - it would be much better for me.

I preordered the game for PC yesterday after I saw a twitch stream. Followed the news regarding this game roughly but wanted to wait for the end result as I was not 100% sure if they can meet their ambitious goals with their team size and budget thanks all you hardcore backers here and the studio who seems to have delivered a great game.

The combat controls are kind of the only worry I have as that dial control determining the direction you strike from looks like custom made for gamepad console controller. Does anyone have experience fighting with M&K? I am PC gamer for 25 years but I haven’t really ever touched a gamepad or played a console game at least since SNES 1994. So “better buy a gamepad” does not really work for me and tbh I don’t want to. So can I do it with M&K or should I start more diplomatic/stealth/archery route to evade the problem?

I guess you have to try for yourself
I played the Beta with mouse and Keyboard and thought it went well (even though the beta was pretty rough)
Most people say its easier with gamepad though… at least from early beta experience
of course it needs practice

Thanks for the answer I guess I try going full knight then. I guess if I fail in combat arena where you can learn then I can still decide to go archer or stealth.

Unpopular opinion
I found mouse easiest
Although i am coming from a purely mouse and keyboard playstyle so… take it as you will

1 Like

Nvm guys, I tried with mouse+keyboard on full version and everything its fine. I couldnt get it in beta, now its ok.

1 Like

It seems to me like it’s made for a gamepad as well, and I have a very hard time with my mouse in combat. IMHO, it would be much better if the position could default to center when the mouse stops moving as it must with a gamepad. It’s the lack of that zero or center reference with a mouse that makes it so difficult.

I have absolutely loved mouse and keyboard for this game, but I also come from playing games like Mount & Blade as well as For Honor and doing fairly well with them. This game is more complex and harder than those as far as the combat system is concerned, but it still works out really well for me and my several friends who also play this game on mouse and keyboard.

It’s perfectly possible.

1 Like

Of course it is possible with a mouse. To be very honest, I don’t even understand this type of question.

here’s the problem with the mouse: not everyone is gifted with the same manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. It sucks and it’s not fair but it’s also simply a fact of life. if you, personally, are not not so good with a keyboard and mouse, you do have another option for game controls, and that’s the whole reason behind the existence of the game controller.

But we all already know all of this, which is why I can’t understand this type of question. Over-exaggeration is so much the norm in our society it has become ridiculous. If the internet had existed during his life, Picasso would have posted, “Is it even possible to paint one eye on each side of a nose?” on an art forum.

this exactly.
Now I’ll be the first to say I’m not good at that sort of gaming, the eye/hand coordination and reflexes. So I would suck at combat no matter what but I’ve given up landing blows where I want them and even more so doing any king od combo.
I still manage to fight when I can’t avoid it by using good stats, equipment and defense. Defense is my main attack by using master strikes.
With weaker enemies I land blows and kill them, but if I fight a highly trained NPC I use defense and it works perfectly.

But if you want to actually properly use the fighting techniques then mouse is not the best I believe.

All done by using a mouse.