Is kcd the best game ever?

KCD has the potential to be one of the best games ever, but it’s not there yet (as of 1.5) for the following reasons:
-WH-provided mod tools not available
-console graphics performance is still wonky in some regards and per @DrFusselpulli might not be fixable
-rinse-repeat activities are still somewhat limited in variety and scope
-some quests leave post-completion artifacts (eg NPC interactions, behavior) that don’t make sense

1 Like

We will see when I finish. I read it has bad ending and is easy from mid-game. I am on 50 hours and I feel like Pribyslavitz attack is near, I just cleared few camps, now I moved to west from east. I did not expect so much content and side quests are certainly not fetch quests only. One of them had great plot twist and one caused me to be thrown into prison. While another failed and I have hard time finding the goal, like they are so well hidden. They give only area where to look for some item, and many times I ran up and down, looking into every corner…

1 Like

Yes it is.

it keeps 1st place for me until m&b bannerlord has released.but i think warhorse studios is the best community between other uninterested studios.they answer my questions.

1 Like

its possible im 200+ hours only been playing for 3 months or less

is mafia3 really a good game i just got it kinda slow but is it a good story worth playing?

same here brother this game just hits home it feels like you live in it very very very addicting game never had any games do me like that

Definitely not! It’s very difficult to pick one game as the best ever, but I would say that’s Gothic.

KCD is unfinished and feels generic in a lot aspects.

Yes it is. Bought it first on ps4 then on pc then upgraded my pc to run it better. It’s crazy.

No way. It’s broken in so many ways (only assassin’s creed games are more broken in terms of balance). Visuals and cutscenes aren’t the only ingredients of a great game. The visuals are great. The open word is amazing. But that’s it. There isn’t much of an actual gameplay fun, unlike mount and blade, for example. Not much atmosphere (the way NPCs act and talk is too modern, there isn’t much going on, you know, the world is static), the economy is broken, the sense of progression and accumulating wealth & power is broken, the combat system is broken, etc. I like this game, but perceive it like a tech demo, you know, beautiful forests and castles, with nothing interesting to do. it’s certainly not the greatest game of all times, nor just a “great game”. It’s good, because, you know, graphics, and historical setting. A solid 7/10 for me.

1 Like

Exactly. I wish it would be the greatest game ever and it could be, but it is not.

Isn’t there a scene where a NPC say “fuck”? That really is ridiculous modern language, but no one in 1403 said fuck. And yes the world is static. NPCs are walking through the towns without a goal. Only as placeholders. They have no real work. Just standing there. In Piranha Bytes games NPCs behavior and animation is much more plausible.

1 Like

I can’t resist…

Was waiting for someone else :grin:

And the non-overtly vulgar use predates that. In those instances the meaning is strike… which not entirely surprising that might have evolved as double entendre akin to Korean proverb that goes ‘a woman and dried pollock should be beaten once every 3 days’ … equivalent nowadays of ‘l’d hit that’

1 Like