Is Lockpicking Too Hard?

On ps4, i set the controller down and use my thumbs and forefingers to manipulate the sticks, thumbs alone was impossible. Using this method i can usually get into easy and very easy chests after 2 or 3 tries, however i never got enough of them open to level up far enough to even try hard chests.

Actually, in real life lockpicks don’t break. You just spend a ton of time cursing at the lock when you drop a tumbler.

1 Like

I have tried for last hour to pick a very easy lock not even close. guess thats something im not doing in this game unless it gets very fixed…

1 Like

Same here. I understand your frustration! The lock picking is pretty difficult. But there’s dozens of posts about this. KCD’s team is working on a patch to resolve this as well as bug fixes for quests and a save when exiting feature. Hopefully the patch will be out soon. And I’m excited, and waiting patiently, for the patch to be released.

Yes! I am a casual gamer. Using the analog sticks in such a way is too difficult even on ‘easy’

Edit*

Ok it does get a lot easier the further you progress in the game with perks

No its super easy. Just needs practice abd never do it at a slow pace since the wobbliness of the sweet spot will make it hard. Just normal easy calm rotation of both sticks.

I have an easier time picking a lock I. Real life. I have literally never successfully picked a lock in this game.

PC or XBox? :slight_smile:
A little trick for PC: only turn the lock, if the yellow ball is at the outer liit. If not press ESC.

Its hard to begin with but once you get to level three and you get a perk for less jerky movement, it suddenly becomes much easier.