Is the game poorly optimized, or is my system just shit?

Im on an i7 I built in 2011, just updated the gfx card in 2016 to a 970 gtx. My computer plays the game flawlessly, so something is wrong with your machine.

Check to make sure your monitor is plugged into your real gfx card and not your integrated graphics.

After that, check your driver and update those.

Next, UNINSTALL geforce experience. That crap often messes with settings that fk ur computer up if you let it.

Does this only happen in Kingdom Come? If no, then run a virus scan.

To me, it really sounds like your computer is using integrated graphics to run the game. If none of the above works, go into your BIOS and turn integrated graphics off.

I’ve disabled my Integrated graphics on Windows Device Manager. If it were running from Integrated graphics, I wouldn’t be able to see both of my monitors.

Maybe a stupid question but are you sure you’re using your 1070 and not your onboard gpu???

I’m positive.

And it would have to be connected to the motherboard not the GPU. Well from what you are showing us it looks like a CPU problem… hmmm run a RAM checker too while you are at it.

Hmm, running Malwarebytes at all? Few weeks back it had a crippling bug that would cause it to eat up all your RAM and bring your computer to a crawl until it eventually hardlocked. If so, try updating that, or uninstalling it.

Try using DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode and reinstalling latest gpu drivers.

1 Like

If it’s not your gpu then CPU is next candidate. Need to see the usage, do you have av installed, could be that as above or maybe your have malware or virus? Is kcd the only app/game you see issues with?

Running a pirated version of the game? Not saying WH did it, but some companies have done this XD

2 Likes

I’m curious to know if anyone else here has a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 like I do. A few particulars about the specs:

Processor: Core i7-6700HQ (4C, 2.6 / 3.5GHz, 6MB)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
Memory: 8GBx2
Storage: 1TB 5400rpm + 128GB SSD M.2

Running the game through the SSD isn’t really feasible at the moment, as the SSD is nearly full. Actually, I might be able to do it through the SSD, but I’m not sure I have enough space to work with at the moment. I just removed the beta version of KCD and that was about 7.5 GB alone.

Around the miller’s outside Rattay and in Rattay itself, I can generally pull 23-30 FPS on Medium settings. High drops me down to around 17-23. I’ve checked to make sure the game runs through the NVIDIA graphics card, not the integrated graphics, and when I play I don’t have anything other than a web browser and e-mail running (though there might be background programs going).

I know this is just a laptop and not a full-blown gaming rig, but I’ve done mostly console gaming over my life and I’m not that skilled when it comes to getting the most out of what I have in a PC setting. I’ve done stuff like GTA V or Fallout 4 and with similar graphics settings I can hit about 30 FPS, give or take depending on how much is around to render, but I haven’t played much where I can get a consistently higher FPS with better graphics settings. If this is about the best I can do I can live with that, but I figured I’d see what anyone who knows more can tell me. Thanks.

The card and cpu on that laptop are neutered versions of the real thing. That about as good as its going to get for you unfortunately. If you want to get better results, your best bet would be to go with an external GPU hooked up through thunderbolt, if you have one of those ports on your laptop. With that, you’ll get pretty close to desktop level performance. CPU isn’t terribly important.

Hmm. I’m not sure if I can do that, and to be honest it’s probably not worth the extra expense at the moment. I wouldn’t mind seeing and playing KCD in all its visual glory at high-end specs, but I never truly considered a high-end system for my gaming. It’s something I can live with. It’s still very much playable and still looks good enough for me overall.

My main concern was that something I was unaware of might be holding things back a bit, and it sounds like that’s not the case.

Just to put it in perspectice, the card you have is roughly equal to a 750 ti. You could pick up a 1050 ti around 200$ and get a huge performance boost. But it’s up to you. It may not be worth it to you. If you’re happy with what you got then that’s all that matters.

Thinderbolt is Apple proprietary, he probably has USB C.

Oh, that’s not a super major cost, in that case. I guess I’ll have to look further into what the laptop might be capable of as far as Thunderbolt goes. I didn’t even know this was a thing.

So you’d have another graphics card connected through external means and, as long as the laptop can support it and has the right hookup, it’s all good?

This sounds like it may not be an option for me: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Lenovo-y700-external-gpu/td-p/3376143

Thunderbolt IS USB c. You’re thinking lightning.

Yeah you’d also have to buy an external gpu enclosure though, I don’t remember how much those run. But, then you just plug it into your laptop and your laptop runs graphics off that instead. It’s a great way to give laptops a big boost of power so that you don’t have to give up the mobility, but can still play nice games at home with it plugged in. Ah bummer. Yeah if you don’t have the port you don’t have it. Oh well.

Yeah you’re correct.

I looked up the Thunderbolt port and this laptop does not have what it looks to be. It’s got 4 USB ports, a slot for an SD card, an HDMI port, and an ethernet cable jack.

I have a very similar problem. While my PC can handle The Witcher 3 pretty well, this game is playing at 15-20fps outside towns, and it drops even further in towns. I have already done a benchmark and sent a ticket to Warhorse support, which told me to try a user.cfg fix (didn’t work) and to wait for a future patch. I tried many solutions online, but in the end it seems it might be a problem with the game optimization.
My PC specs are:
i7 2600
GTX 1060 3gb
16gb Ram
Game on SSD
Win10
Everything updated

Edit: My CPU usage was 35% average, while GPU usage was 97% average