Is the game poorly optimized, or is my system just shit?

It seems he’s just trolling people because he knows he’s system is very good and he just wants to receive praises.

I’m not going to read this whole thread, so if this is already been suggested my apologies. Make sure the game is using your add-on card and not the Intel built-in graphics solution.

In all my years of pc gaming reinstalling drivers never fixes anything. I’m not saying they cant but it’s rare.

(Win 10 throws thirty years of GUI knowledge out the door)
(By a company that cannot even keep our icons managed/in the same location)
Win 10s biggest bugbear is forced driver updates. It literally will wipe over newer ‘user selected’ best drivers with outdated ones that miss features or introduce problems.

On Win 10 reinstalling drivers ‘is a thing’.
We literally arm wrestle with the PC to do basic stuff AND mission critical stuff. Worst OS on the planet by a country mile. (Its bad far outweighs the good)

Yeah I’m talking about GPU drivers. Rarely fixes problems and windows ain’t installing its own GPU drivers, I do know what you mean about it overriding drivers with old ones, sometimes. Mostly it’s fine.

Funny you say that, I’m the exact same, game performs absolutely terrible on SSD, don’t get me wrong load time and it fixes slow loading textures but I think that’s the problem, if I set textures to high with 4gb vram 1360x768 and 1xtxaa I get some pretty bad slow loading textures on mechanical drive but I don’t get that streaming lag, SSD fixes slow loading textures but causes me huge frame rate drops allmost like the engine can’t keep up. Games a shit fest performance wise.

I tried that batch command too which I read is for and GPUs if you’re CPU is weaker, but would batch command work with a R9 380 ? Or is it only specific amd GPU ?

Could be a cheap SSD that uses system overhead to increase performance. (Fine for most use scenarios)

Samsumg drives in particular like to put a third less storage in them and then compress the heck out of all data writes and decompress for data reads.
(Likely stresses system in ways not needed during gaming)

Would explain your usage scenario

Im using a pretty decent SSD, I think it’s just that the SSD is able to produce the textures fast enough but the shitty engine can’t keep up. A mechanical drive seems to take a while to load the textures which means I don’t get that slowdown.

Why the fuck they used this shitty engine I’ll never know. Don’t get me wrong 80 percent of time it’s fine but the textures is the setting causing problems, I noticed if I turn down textures to medium it doesn’t lag as much, but the textures look absolutely shit. Like something from a ps2

Seriously it does sound like a cpu overhead connected with your ssd is what kills your performance in AI heavy or cpu loaded areas.

Low qual textures would put less demand on the ssd.
The super low qual you describe (ps2 quality) - does it get better after an hour of playing in the same area?

maybe your motherboard is the source? How old?
do you have more than one pciexpress channel /slot on it
You Tuber Lady Liila had a similar problem after upgrading her card to a 1070Ti.( not much of an improvement in fps).
after trying various suggestions posters gave she tried the one about switching slots for the card and now gets 100 fps ( failing slot?)
Sadly I only have one slot, mid level athalon cpu , 16 GB RAM and a radion 580( 1700GHz, 8G) and am in the same low fps state.
Also the game isn’t fully optimized yet. I don’t think they got the multi core support fully done either

For the people who have been experiencing unbelievably low framerates on decent hardware & regardless of what graphics settings, user config tweaks etc you’ve used;

I’ve had the exact same issue since release, and have only just managed to solve it. There’s a few threads on the forums that have confirmed that the game is basically unplayable when your graphics card is not setup properly in a PCIe slot on the motherboard that supports PCI 3 running at x16.

The easiest way to check if this might be the cause of most of your performance issues is to download GPU-Z and look at the ‘Bus Interface’ box on the main tab which shows two figures. The first is the specification of your graphics card ( i.e PCIe x16 3.0 ) and the second figure shows the configuration the card is currently running in (i.e @ PCI x16 3.0). On some power settings the second number shown in GPU-Z may be lower than its maximum because the card is idle. To get around this, you can click the question mark to the right and run a visualiser application in wibdowed or full screen which should make GPU-Z display an accurate figure for the graphics card’s configuration while under load.
If, while running the render application, your bus interface shows a figure of x16 after the @ then it’s safe to say that the cause of your performance issues lie elsewhere.

If like me, however, gpu-z is displaying a figure of x4 or x8, you should definitely check your motherboard’s manual to make sure the PCIe slot the card is in supports PCIe 3.0 x16.

Moving my 1080 from one slot on the motherboard (which only supported x4) to the top PCIe slot fixed 99% of my performance issues instantly.

I realise this fix might not be relevant to many people, but if you’ve tried all other troubleshooting suggestions & fixes to no avail, I’d suggest taking a quick look just to rule it out.

1 Like

Good Info :+1:

ok just dl and ran it.
my radion is in a PCIe 16 3.0 in the boards one slot.
My CPU is an Athlon X4 870K quad core @ 3.9 GHz
I still get 10-25fps in in towns and at best in the open boonies 35-40 fps, forests 35 at best. in big battle in the 20’s
I it my cpu? or the MB set up?

Relevant and good advice for any pc gamer, specialy new pc gamers m8. That’s an easy mistake, isn’t it usualy the black slot nearest CPU ?

Well just look at mobo manual that’s what I did when I was new at it all.