Is this a thistle?

I’m having a hard time finding them by the roadside, like the alchemist said. Is this a thistle? and if so, why can’t I pick it?

Many thanks.

Yes it is a thistle. You can find as many as you want in the area circled in red.

I don’t know if it is a bug but you cannot pick every flower that you see.

2 Likes

@miller745 if yoiu have more questions on this topic check out the Alchemy Nexus

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. I did see the Alchemy Nexus, but the maps referred to alpha 0.4 so I didn’t know if they were still valid for the beta.

1 Like

Yeah its all the same, the only things not updated is the locations of mushrooms and Talmberg maps.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if you find the thistle patch and save the game, then reload and you should be able to pick them.

Worked for me at least :grin:

Though it might be better to hunt a different patch as saving & loading in the March 2016 beta isn’t stable, and can cause problems which can include crashing until the save games are removed.

Ah ok I didn’t realise that. Only got the game installed last night so still learnerizing the bugs of the beta.

Oh, it will definitely work. Except when it doesn’t. I’ve now (at the start of this week) had to cull my saves twice in around 150 hours of repeated experiments/playthroughs, but I think some others have had a few more issues.

Making and reloading a lot of save files does seem to increase the risk of something going awry during the process.

…and that load time…

Although I have to say, I’m really enjoying it even with the bugs. I’m really looking forward to the release.