Is this really handforged?

I’m assuming you’re talking about the inlaid coins? The font is a bit hard to read but it does say ultio.

Nope I’m on about the sword, haven’t seen it in in person yet as I’m at work but a family member sent me this pic. And after thinking about it, wasn’t the inscription supposed to be personalised?

That sword is different from the one I received. Could you send a picture of the entire thing?

Sure, these are al the pictures I got given.

I think personalized is only that number… like limited edition, but I dont think there should be written something else

check it here:

The letter U was often inscribed/written as V in the medieval times (in latin there was no difference between U and V), so that is fine. Not sure about personalized inscriptions though… they probably axed that along the way as they did with some of the other rewards.

1 Like

There are more types of sword guys. High tier backers got personalized one and half sword, other backers got standard issue one handed sword.

1 Like

Ah right, cheers for the explanation. And the replica letter is just a legal disclaimer right? Not replica as in wall hanger, seeing as they said it couldn’t be used for reinacrment or hema and the likes.

Yeah I bet they have to call it replica… Imagine the fuss if its just labeled “weapon” :smiley:

Good point, more so since here in there UK they want to tighten “weapon/sword” laws even more.

btw the V/U problem may be caused by the latain letter vor U which is also often used in math is a current known V, here is the wiki article about this: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateinisches_Alphabet (sry for reposting sth sb other has already written) about the quality of the sowrd…i may be raging you but when it comes to quality i think we shouldnt forget about how expensive a real handmade sword would be…when fully paid by yourselfes…look at traditional japan swordsmiths who are still creating them these days…a price around some thenthousends of euros are not uncommon. even a german styled onehanded sword which is not a “Damastsword” would be high priced when from great quality(id expect around 2thousand euros upwards…) so it may be considered when looking on the swords…
(sry for my bad english)

This is the same sword I got at Wenzel tier. Mine is numbered CXIII (113).

This is a very beautifull sword too. Slightly different from the limited edition one, you didn’t received a scabbard do you ? Maybe it was a mistake to announce it at first in the video update.

So you did receive a scabbard, individual numbering, and engraving? I ordered through the website a few years ago and knew the sword would be a little different. However, I don’t have any of the above just a plain sword. It looks sweet but without anything that makes it a “collectable” I’m not really interested in it. I bought it because I like to collect high tier video game items but this doesn’t seem to match up. Glad yours is working out as intended though!

Was no no scabbard as far as I’m aware, though I’m at work so maybe it’s under it or something, will repost when I get home and can check but I doubt they also sent a scabbard.

Medieval Review has an unboxing and review of the sword:

2 Likes

There appear to be multiple kinds. Mine is identical to the one in the video.

It was in one of the blacksmithing videos where the presenter said they were making leather scabbards for the swords even though it wasn’t part of the original offering.

Personally I haven’t seen or heard anyone post saying they’ve received a scabbard. Maybe they backtracked on it or it’s for a very specific tier?

Apologies for the double post but I’m home now and have had a look, no scabbard but a lot of marks nd… stuff, I know nothing about how hand forged swords should look but eh… teeny bit disappointed at what look kinda like holes or something.