Is this really handforged?

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to send a big thank you to the team for all your hard work, everything arrived right in time and I’m ready to play, waiting patiently for the release hour.

I’m really happy with everything I received but I think I miss some information about the sword even if I don’t remember anything about it. I bought limited edition for this sword and it looks really good, unfortunatly it has nothing to do with the one presented in video update 15. There are many differences that makes me a bit dissapointed about it.

I might be wrong and I’m waiting for other reviews but…if the pommel and the crossguard are hand forged (I can clearly see it) I really doubt that the blade itself is hand forged, it is not engraved with the words “Rex - Familia - Ultio” neither and the sword is not balanced at all as seen in the video. Daniel said that it will come with a sheath too but it isn’t here neither so I don’t know what to think about it, I didn’t expect that.

It is said to be a “similar” sword but for me it is really not the same quality level at all.

I’m not asking for anything else than some explanations about those differences and to know if the blade is indeed handforged or not.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Amaury

If it varies that differently from the one in the video it probably was hand forged. I mean look at albion for example where they make their swords by machine and all of them are almost perfectly similar with each other

hand forged ones have much variation for good or bad

Could you share a picture of it?

There’s a video on how it’s made. And yes it is.

Yeah, we need a picture

That’s somehow beyond the point he’s making, which is that it doesn’t look like in the video and even misses some specifications.

1 Like

Hello, sure, I’m not at home right now but mine looks like this one here (I will post more photos of mine later) :
Sword
Sword_2

1 Like

I have a few pictures of the blade and yes it is handforged from what I can tell. As a hobbyist blacksmith I can say with 90% certainty that it is handmade due to some minor bends along the blade.

Uploading…
I am very satisfied with it as I was lacking a European sword for quite some time.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the reply. It looks like mine indeed. If you say that the blade is handforged I trust you, maybe I didn’t look at it enough, I’m not a blacksmith of course. Is yours well balanced too ?

Yep, I agree with you. The blade seems more likely to be handforged than planly machinecut from what I can see (which isn’t much though).

Note that “It’s gonna be a little bit different sword than the one I showed…” around 7.00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srF3sUDA88E&t=423s

Meanwhile for me interesting is, that none of you have the badges:

EMPEROR (collector’s edition)

WENZEL der FAULE (collector’s edition)

ILLUMINATUS (collector’s edition)

SAINT (collector’s edition)
so my question which of the sowrds versions are you talking about(should be two if im not getting the KS text wrong)

We are talking about the “Limited Edition” Sword, it’s not a kickstarter, I bought it directly from this website. I am interested to see some kickstarter swords if someone have picture of it after receiving it.

do you have the link still for me maybe ?

Unfortunately I can’t manage to find it again :confused:, I think it was removed after going out of stock.

I have pmed about my badge already, I am using the same email address. I’m still not sure why my badge isn’t showing. My sword is the limited edition sword, said sword was only available for a certain amount of time. It does not come with a scabbard.

About the balance. I haven’t properly looked at that aspect yet as I was quite busy yesterday evening. I’ll let you know later today once I come home from work. From the brief minutes of holding it it does seem quite alright. Perhaps a bit on the guard side, which would suggest the blade is easier to handle but with less cutting power. But then again, blunt replica doesn’t need a hefty cutting edge. From my understanding it is a legit replica that is viable for live reenactment and maybe even live battle reenactment.

Just received my sword as well but my brother says that it’s blunt And there’s no sheath and there’s also a letter saying that it’s a replica? I remember there being a statement saying you can have it sharp or blunt but I guess they made them all blunt for legal/safety reasons(?)

While apparently it is very heavy the fact there’s a legal disclaimer saying it’s a replica is a bit concerning if it’s actually hand forged.

Thank you very much for your precise answers on this subject. It can be interresting for me to obtain a scabbard…maybe we can get in touch with the blacksmith to order one later.

No problem at all! I will most likely make a scabbard myself. Now to bug someone about my badge again…

Isn’t the inscription supposed to be Rex + Familia et Ultio? Mine has Rex + Familia + Vltio…