It was a boring evening and I had this screenshot

My childhood had less fancy colors :slight_smile:

kcd

1 Like

:+1: Speccy will never die!

Nokia phones (symbian), had an amstrad emulator (as did psions symbian products) that ran hundreds of amstrad software titles through an emulator.
Classics like Doom.

Getting a nokia phone and playing ‘snake’ on the outer screen, then running a full emulator on the internal hi-res ‘widescreen’ was insane.

Poor qual photos; but the ‘lil one’ was included for reference

This are photos of ‘two phones’; the keyboard one closes to look a bit more regular.

These were 9500 nokia communicators.
I prefered the 9300 due to its slim size.
These were great tools to run a business with. Unified calandars between a fleet of devices etc
 excellent business tools, very reliable.

I love clam shell ‘office phones’.
Nokias later efforts were really cheap on build by comparison, but had things like an FM radio TRANSMITTER. (Play phone music into the stereo by tuning a radio frequency to the phone!)

HTC with the TouchPro2 was the last GREAT keyboard phone.
Productivity on those devices flogs most modern ecosystems.

But microsoft came up with some memory hogging platforms and killed all these embedded powerful systems.
Microsoft recently stopped support of same bloated tech as it ‘was holding them back’. (Funny that!)

1 Like

i dont know if the model is enough for it, but it is possible to play the original DOOM on your calculator

Had Nokia 9210. Powerful thing but sadly obsolete at the moment of release. It has introduced the world of roleplaying games to me: a hungarian gamedev band called Redshift released a number of nice RPGs for the “nokia communicator” family. Later I was using Nokia 9500, but for a short time: i was disappointed with it in general and replaced it with Nokia 6600, what I still consider the best phone I ever had.

1 Like

Ok
this is really OT now but the Nokia N95 was the best phone I ever had!

1 Like

Oh, I loved Nokia N95. The lens cover handle, that activates the camera app, is the killer feature. And the slider design is good too. But, I had it right after Nokia 6600 and was disappointed by the vulnerable screen. IDK why didn’t they install a proper plastic protective layer there.

1 Like