It's the little details

Anyone played Assassin creed? I like the detail of when you kill a guard the other guards collect the dead and bring them to a place where they get buried.

Same with GTA V, the ambulances collect the dead and wounded.

I also like that the guards pee :smiley: it’s a good time to take them out! it’s all in the details, that is what make a good game great.

2 Likes

In KCD its the nature systems that blow me away.

The hyperactive wind in the witcher vs the unaffecting wind in skyrim; vs Kingdom Come: with the way all the foliage and flowers move with wind that affects things seperately, and as a whole
 you can see the math is better than most everything before. (Almost as good as ‘flower’ on playstation; a game sold for its’ wind mechanic)

Its the way animals flock and heard. And are paced correctly to appear natuaral/ realworld.

Its water running downhill, with waterwheels and moss and willows

Its how the lighting permeates the canopy. Its how light reflects and gains colour
 (light reflecting onto a wall from a red shield reflects red light)

This stuff all adds up.

As a realistic world simulation, this is one of the best I have seen, and it is ahead by a country mile.

The little details, united, is one amazing packageimage

(Not a game shot, gotcha1)
Although with e_volumetricfog=1 We get screens like this.

3 Likes

YES! Every time i start the game it is a little “WOW-Effect” to see how beautiful the nature is rendered!!!
At some ingame-times the Lighting is absolutely mindblowing btw!!

2 Likes

Just saw the fresco in the Pribyslawitz church with the drawings of Henry and Runt
Thats really cool.

2 Likes

Incredible graphics lads.

1 Like

I primarily play this through the PSVR headset with my good heaphones. With the dynamic realism in this game, the immersion removes me from my living room and places me in 1403 Bohemia. 10/10 for Warhorse.

2 Likes

I didn’t know KCD worked with PSVR! HOLY FREAKIN COW NOW I HAVE A REASON TO BUY PSVR!

Unfortunately, it doesn’t. I use the PSVR to block everything out. It basically looks like you’re playing it on a movie theater screen, with ear buds on.
I have a noisy fish tank, an airstrip nearby, constant lawn mowing etc. Distractions. The PSVR headset blocks all of that out 100% I wish it was VR but honestly, I don’t think anyone could handle that level of motionsickness lol

Well I bought PSVR to give it a shot. The screen is too big I have to look at too much. Ideally for VR the UI is closer to the center of your vision. instead lots of things are at the sides bottom and top of the screen. causes too much strain in the neck and eyes also doesn’t help with the VR sickness. It doesn’t help that my eyes aren’t 20/20 anymore either.

Hold the option button. Go to device options. Vr screen size. Adjust. I prefer setting FOV to 75 with maximum screen size and being able to turn my head for that extra real feel.

1 Like

Oh its the Big Dipper in the sky over Sasau :wink:

2 Likes

Speaking of the little details. I’m very impressed with Red Dead Redemption 2. I’m a swords over guns kinda guy any day, but they really paid attention to the level of detail in the game. Beware there are bugs and NPCs may really over react to things, but that aside it feels like a huge leap forward in the quality of RPGs.

And next thread who gets filled with RDR comparsion crap!

Same here. I have a more fundamental problem with RDR2: I just don’t like being part of a muderous, theiving gang with no hope of reform

I’ve played many hours and still haven’t freed Micah. I want to liquidate Dutch and put the gang on a more stable footing. Impossible.

Agreed.

Coprology on salty Monday

one little negative detail disturbs me a bit. i was allowed to wear the colors of skarliz as i showed up by radzig in Rattay. /€: in the real middleages he would be a bit angry over that, because at this point i’m only a peasant and not one of his knights or hired by him.

Me too, I was hoping dutch would die off so I could take control. However, like Henry Arthur Morgan is an established character. You have the opportunity to make him a bit of a more moral and upstanding citizen, but he was raised an outlaw and is at his heart, as conflicted as it can be, an outlaw.

so true.

got me thinking about Herr Strauss and his debt collection. if you’re old as fuck as i am and know about US TV, you might remember a mini-series about the American West (state of Colorado) called Centennial. The Wendells in that mini-series used their ill gotten gain to create a powerful family. would’ve loved to splinter the gang (if couldn’t kill off Dutch) to do something likewise

KCD is no different. being a straight up thief/robber. meh. stealing the king’s silver. stupid idea. performing favors to attain rank/status. supporting yourself with side activities; some of morally ambiguous nature (Miller Peshek’s wheelhouse). and then, running a town as cover to enlarge the power of you and yours through legal and occasionally quasi-legal or shady means, that’s more appealing. Pribsylavitz would be great for this even if tremendous liberties with actual history had to be taken

from what i recall from reading about lesser nobles from this setting, not a few were effectively forced do such stuff. Sir Jezhek is but one example in KCD. there’s a lot of gray space to navigate within (and create quests/missions around)

2 Likes

Whats the purpose of this machine?

In a reply many months ago it was posted as a toy or as a rising water alarm.