Jousting is a martial game or hastilude between two horsemen wielding lances with

the game provides as mini-games such sport as “jousting” ? where it is possible for example to earn money, respect from the common people(as in games like chess, poker…)?
Jousting is a martial game or hastilude between two horsemen wielding lances with blunted tips, often as part of a tournament. The primary aim was to replicate a clash of heavy cavalry, with each opponent endeavoring to strike the opponent while riding towards him at high speed, if possible breaking the lance on the opponent’s shield or jousting armour, or unhorsing him. The joust became an iconic characteristic of the knight in Romantic medievalism.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48BS6mM8vd4

Full Metal Jousting has nothing to do with late medieval jousting. Also at the beginning of the 15th century jousting was only done by nobility. Therefore Henry can’t compete. You have to wait nearly another century until commoners start to joust (against other commoners, nobility refused to joust against commoners).

1 Like

I don’t think WH has ever said anything about jousting being in the game. I can imagine the way combat is done that it would add yet another layer of complexity to implement it (properly). Not that I wouldn’t want to try it in first person. :slight_smile:

We have seen at least three implementations of martial contests. (Archery and Arena fight in the Beta, and a developed version of a tournament in the E3 footage.

In addition as this is a time of war (or at least pseudo-war) there are ample opportunities to practice these martial arts in earnest.

No they haven´t, but I hope for this kind of tournament.

They are working on polearms, and horse combat. In combination and with a “little” more work, jousting would be possible.
But I think this “little” is too much (for act one)! :wink:

2 Likes

They’ve only ever mentioned a tournament of some kind in very vague details, but its always been as an additional game mode separate to the actual Act itself.

Jousting would be great… but these middle age tournaments always centred around the melee. So I tend to agree that I doubt we’ll be seeing jousting in Act 1. Be very happily proved wrong though :smiley:

2 Likes

Jousting is entertainment, mostly for the nobility and during times of peace and stability. Henry is situated in a very chaotic time for Bohemia, where the nobility have their hands full…and three Popes vying for control and more religious strife on the horizon…unless the game lets you travel to France or England, don’t expect a lot of tournaments and celebration…

2 Likes