KDC.exe stopped working, unplayable

Hi, first of all - the game looks amazing! :slight_smile:

I know it´s in beta so no bad feelings - just wanted to tell you my problems:

System: Intel Core i7-7700K @4.2, 32GB Ddr4 Ram, Win 10 Pro, Geforce GTX 1070.

It really doesnt matter how long i play or in what direction i go, everytime after about an hour, i can not load any game or continue any game. It just crashes at loading-screen.
So, started new, same Problem,
started new, same Problem.

Just so you know.

best greetings,
Mike

1 Like

Often the saves are the problem. Move (or delete) them and restart, it usually fixes most of these issues.

The save/load feature has been rewritten for the internal version, and the final game should not have this problem.

1 Like

So, the crashes not only occur on loaded savegames but also on new games?

According to ProkyBrambora there are some errors that propagate across into new campaigns even if no save file is loaded.

I know nothing more than this as it never affected me directly, but I’d not be surprised if it doesn’t involve the autosave at various points (e.g the cave, finding your goal etc) and out of sequence arrival at these points. This would potentially fit the described circumstances.

1 Like

Hello Fusselpulli,

No, it doesnt happen on new games - just on every game i try to load from a saved file.
eg - i delete every old ones, start a new game, save it. try to load it - it fails.

greetings.

Okay, then it is a lot of bad luck here, combined with a buggy save/load system. Unfortunately a significant number of savegames comes out as corruptet. And you never know which ones, so you can´t really rely on it. We got rid of the save/load system of the Beta for the final release version and developed a new one for it.

1 Like

ah ok thx for the info :slight_smile: