Kicks, Sound and Music

Hey, so to start things off i just wanna say that im a HUGE fan of medieval games and once i saw KC:D i almost cried. I’ve been following the progress of this game for a while now. First saw this game around 10 months ago and ever since i’ve been following the update, watching gameplays, reading articles, doing anything i could to get more info because its just so damn good, it has everything that an RPG and medieval player loves. Moreover i would like to say that this is my 1st time using the forums so im not sure if my question(s) have been answered, a quick sorry if they have been.

Ok, so to start things of, I would like to know if there is a kicking attack within the game as from the gameplays ive seen no one yet use a kicking attack and i think that implementing a kicking attack would allow the player to explore new ways to win a battle, as they are quick and require no skill to use, they could be used by many enemies as well as yourself, which would allow the player to turn the tide of a fight with a simple well timed kick. Furthermore i think kicks would be amazing against shielded enemies as you can simply kick their shield down and break their defense to get a couple of easy hits on your foe.

Secondly, i was wondering, from all the gameplays ive seen and trailers, there has been no in-game music. Now i understand that there are bards who play music for you but they are often in towns/cities and im not sure if they roam around. Nevertheless, the game is mostly really bland when you’re out exploring as you can get bored quite quickly since there is no in-game music and yes i know that it isn’t “realistic”, but it would still immerse the player dramatically, ive lost countless hours playing the witcher 3 due to its music immersing me and motivating me to play the game. However if the devs decide not to implement that into the game, i hope there is something other than the actual game that will motivate us to play for long hours.

Finally, im really unsure about the sounds in the game. The fighting is amazing but the sword fighting sounds are disappointing, infact many of the sounds ingame are disappointing and they quickly take me out of the immersion. As well as background sounds, like birds tweeting, the grass swiftly moving, the massive trees gently swaying, etc should all be improved.

But anyway, i do realize that the game is still in early beta and has a long way to go, and i wish the best for the dev team. Also im sorry if any of these questions are dumb or were answered from before, thanks anyway. Best of luck :smile:

P.S: I dont actually have the game so im reporting this ONLY from what i saw from gameplay videos and stuff life that.

@dramagold
Thank you for your feedback,

For ingame music check the [soundcloud page of Warhorse]((https://soundcloud.com/warhorse_studios).

They posted parts of the sound/music there:

And last month they recorded parts with the praha symphonic orchestra

https://vine.co/v/5abP3jpEIXe

Music is great in KCD! :smile:

2 Likes

So, you are “reporting” all this from watching online video, where who the hell knows what version of the alpha or beta it was recorded with, what compression and fidelity loss, etc. It’s fine to ask questions, but…

If you are that much of a fan consider supporting the development, then make your review and requests from first hand experience.

1 Like

@dramagold
Hi friend,
as you can see there is a lot of music in the game already and much, much more to come for sure :slight_smile: Check also this cool URL on soundcloud were you will find some nice tracks and be updated about the progress: https://soundcloud.com/warhorse_studios

Hello,

I agree with combat sounds, they’re being replaced.

What about other sounds, what exactly do you find disappointing? Do you think there should be more ambient sounds or completely different ambient sounds?

the ambient sounds are pretty bad. if you are in the woods you hear one sounds file playing of birds. in a town the same. i think it would not be too difficult to have 100 bird sounds and let them be played from different spots of the map. now the sound feels empty. if you move around you hear the same sound same hardness same direction.

1 Like