Killed Runt in one shot. fix archery please

This must be addressed I one-shotted Runt in the face with a better piercing arrow and a simple villager bow. Amazing kill I know, but lets think about the fact that he let me do it! There I was hardly wearing any armor simply a stable boy with no sword to swing wielding wood and string with one arrow. I pull back and count to 15 seconds as Runt approaches me with his sword held high. But then he pauses and waits for me to give him the kiss of death. Why does he choose not to attack me… could it be that he desired a quick death because his fortifications were over run?? Nay, its because Warhorse studios screwed up on the combat mechanics for their NPC’s to not simply attack if the player is wielding a bow and arrow.

If this was a shooter, it would suck if the enemy simply walked up to your gun and look down the barrel. I could kill all kinds of enemies doing that with little effort kind of like I did to Runt. There needs to be a take cover behavior tree, or a simple, stab continuously until player draws a sword/shield. Also, why can the player draw over and over and over again without getting tired? This is exhaustive work and should cause the player to get lightheaded, loose precision/accuracy or decrease agility in drawing the bow, especially if they are hurt. Stamina should be used to draw the bow rather then allowing the player to sprint away and then easily draw the bow. This is not how it works in reality, so it must be addressed. The stamina is used in drawing the arrow, not only after you hold the draw.

I’m just stating what needs to be done, or else this game will be considered the, “Kill cows of men with ease game!”

2 Likes

I don’t understand this at all. I fought Runt and he gave me no time to breathe. I had to fight and if I tried using the bow he would just rush and combo me every time, I killed him eventually using a Mace with one hit to the head.

Same with the stamina, every time you draw the bow you use stamina unless you’re instantly firing the arrow in which case you’re getting barely any power or force in the shot

2 Likes

I don’t know what version of this game you’re playing but I had no time to kill him with an arrow, if I did get a shot on I definitely didn’t have time to aim it. If I ran away he’d be right behind me when I turned around slashing my face off.
With the one shot to the head I think the point of this fight is to teach you about weak points. The guy’s covered in metal right up to big bald head. He killed me 7 time before I realised that his head stands out, two stabs at it and he’s down.

1 Like

Its realistic of course he Will die in one shot to the face its not a Bug i think developers wanted it Like that.

2 Likes

Runt should have worn head protection. Its not the game that needs to be fixed. When you take an arrow to the face you most certainly will die.

1 Like

Look, its the only enemy you HAVE to kill for a whole game as far as I know. Meaning he must have some serious weakness, to allow for “diplomatic” playstyle :slight_smile:

Go figure shooting somebody in the face with a bow and arrow not wearing a helmet kills him, not realistic at all.

3 Likes

Yes let’s make it like other games where you fight people while they have 5 arrows sticking out from there eyes. Much more fun and realistic right?

1 Like

I mean they could have done something where the AI recognize that you have pulled out a bow, which leaves you essentially defenceless, and have the AI go extra aggressive and even charge Henry. Would make you think twice of doing something unrealistic as bring a bow to a close combat fight

1 Like

This is exactly right. I know I’m not the only one who ducks behind a tree when an archer is aiming, then charges them like a berserker ready to cleave them.

1 Like

Because we are smart enough to recognize after that first arrow is shot it takes time for them to shoot another or even pullout their sword and shield. We are smart. They need to be smarter

Dunno about arrows to the face, but I used to be a blacksmith’s apprentice turned adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee…

On another note you can bunny hop into the church area and loot runts body later on.

Thanks for catching the main point of my argument. It was the behavior of the enemy I was addressing. Not that its impossible that getting shot in the head kills you, of course your going to die, duh! However drawing this many shots and not getting tired from it needs to still be addressed.

Its called having a cramp!

Not need to bunny hop, just go around through the door and up the ladders. There is a chest on the way up to.

I think the difficulty differences people are experiencing with Runt is dependant on what level they’re facing him. Damage scaling from level and perks is really out of balance at the moment.

The AI should be way more aggressive and just charge opponents with a bow out, attempt pincer moves when they outnumber you, or at least a zig-zag walk or put a shield up when being aimed at.

Headed back now lol. Looked all over for a way in there…SHIT, can’t believe i missed it.

1 Like