Kingdom Come: BUSHIDO

All the skilled modders/artists/programmers should get together on Skype and make an EPIC feudal Japan.
I’ll be able to work on this after Act II is released with the mod tools and really looking forward to it :smiley:

Kingdom Come: BUSHIDO

Way Of The Warrior

Just think of it, high up in the mountains with snow covered cherry blossoms… Ancient temples and gorgeous architecture, zen water gardens etc…

16 Likes

If Warhorse did ever decide to tackle that setting in another game, oh man.

6 Likes

nah, the katana sucks and samurais look like poor man’s version of knights.

9 Likes

I doubt it.

1 Like

So lets see, the story in a country with the worst grade iron ore used in armor and weapons, with blades heavy and poorly made to attack equally poorly forged armors. Yup an awesome idea, lets not make a mod about south-central-Asia that gave the world wootz and Damascus steel, and the Mameluke scimitar(the one used by Neopolean,British army and the Us-marine)

6 Likes

Why don’t make the mod Kingdom Come of Heaven™. :smiley:
Set in the era of the Crusader states. Of course that’s only the initial situation. From there you can basically do what ever you want. You can choose which side you would like to fight for, join one of the military orders or fight for the muslims. You can siege and capture Jerusalem, Antioch or other cities and castles. Some kind of Kingdom of Heaven done right. Maybe you can even conquer territories that the crusaders weren’t able to conquer. Win historical battles that were lost in reality, Battle of Hattin for example.

8 Likes

I was suggesting it because far eastern civilization is overlooked a lot and the have very beautiful architecture and culture. Most games usually take place in feudal Europe or ancient Rome, which gets boring to a certain degree, because of all the repetition, like the way everyone is tired of WWII shooters now. If you make a game solely based of history you’re going to have a harder time. The movie Gladiator tweaked history to create a better story, Assassin’s Creed combined many histories together to make a new story. Skyrim had tons of contrast in color, climate, conditions, architecture, races and cultures in it which made it great. That was one of the reasons why publishers and marketing didn’t want to risk investing in KCD because there are no dragons or magic to add some variety. But they are the first ones to take a risk and make a realistic, hardcore lifelike, first person RPG which has never been made. Lots have games have already been set in Europe and Middle East. I was thinking Japan because of its serenity, architecture and history of discipline. Europe is all about brute force and power, I just want to make a mod with a little “spice” for some contrast.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that the Far East is overlooked but most games set there are fantasy not historical.

2 Likes

You are free to do whatever you please,since this is a private forum and you posted your suggestion in public therefore i will offer this tidbit:
If you make a realistic rpg about japan in that time period know this:>
The Japanese are one of the last civilization to laminate hard and soft steel, such pathetic was their so called legendary weapon-smiting. And their mails were un-rivited and thin like leather hides,why? because they were used to stop equally their pathetic made weapons. Did you know the rich(er) daimyo’s actually wore european armor and the more inflencial shoguns have their blades made by wootz steel. There’s was a saying in Okinawa “the legends of japanese weapons stop the very moment they were used in an actual war”

4 Likes

See that chair over there? The lone one in the corner, facing the wall?
Go sit on it. Think about your misconception. Think about spreading it in a post.

Gosh, I fucking hate the endless flood of misconceptions about Europe.

16 Likes

Maybe the interest in a particular region/era is not all just about how good or bad the weapons and armor of the time were. Good stories can still be told and it can look great in the process.

4 Likes

I would like very much to see a game with a similar gameplay but set to Medieval Japan. Or, even better, to Sengoku Jidai period. With a good story, you can go a long way.

1 Like

Yep the whole Japanese smaurai thing has been done to death and they are massivly overrated in games and cinema, I agree with most people on here.

I just wish the stereotype type of the unskilled and lumbering kinght would perish to.

8 Likes

And where is the problem? I love the medieval europe but also love japan feudalism. Maybe their steel and armours weren’t comparable with the european ones but does it matter?

Different fight styles, different type of war. A wonderful land and a peculiar culture that could harbor a beautiful storyline. I can’t understand so many haters, so many comparisons on what is better or who wins…
Are we perhaps in the fucking Deadliest Warrior forums? My god!

I would love to see a mod, or a future game of warhose oriented in the Japan feudalism and other in the crusades(As someone else said, with the option to choose side)

11 Likes

Different people like different eras for various reasons. I don’t understand the need for some people to crap all over what somebody else likes just because they think it’s inferior to them.

If somebody is ignorant about the reality of a particular time period it’s not hard to educate without being haughty about it.

3 Likes

If there were no 'samurais cutting stones in half with their katanas while making some cocky acrobatic excercise and having white love-birds flying off over them’™ I would love to play such mod! Especially if set in Sengoku period.

6 Likes

I would love me some GOOD WW2 shooter again!

Also, RPG is not about quality of weapons or armor, but about story, design (both World and Quest) and gameplay.

I’d love to play (authentic) RPGs from Mezopotamia, India, China, Africa, North/South America or Japan. Really, every place, nearly every Time. Do it people!

5 Likes

Though I’m most interested in Europe late medieval, Japan could be interesting setting. Especially for us, Total War fans :slight_smile: If there would be no supernatural powers and done without “katana is lightsaber!” attitue, then could be briliant! Lots of work for sure though…

2 Likes

Be able to fight beside the muslim army and or snipe from the walls of Jerusalem…

10/10 Would pay!

@AhmadKhan

You cannot understand Japanese smithing without knowing their culture. Katanas were made for the fight against light armored opponents or even unarmored opponents. They were as much a ritual weapon as a real war weapon…

And just for your information: very few weapons in Asia and Europe were made by wootz steel. It was too rare and too costly for mass prodcution. ;(

1 Like