Kingdom Come: BUSHIDO

Your in the wrong thread, the katana one is another thread :smile:
Japanese armory had much better weapons then katana, such as the odachi which were far more powerful and sharp.
The rest of what say is partially correct,wootz was widely exported to Asia and Europe according to Historians(much less in east-Asia though as you correctly pointed out)
EDIT: Forgot put name of renowned historian Charlotte Speir Manning (Author of Ancient and Mediaeval India)

I’ll play that mod any day, 1would be like stronghold crusader in first person.

I fail to see why you even brought up the whole “Japanese weapons suck’” point. That has nothing to do - no matter how you think about the effectiveness of these weapons - with the actual goal of this thread… :wink:

1 Like

Just giving my honest opinion of the effectiveness of Japanese weapons, the thread is about a game mod in feudal japan, unless you think i don’t have any right to do such thing. :wink:

You have any right as I have. But please don’t pretend like you’re the only clever person here allowed to post whatever you want…

And your point is still kind of pointless since the mod is not about a war Japanese vs. Europe. It’s about Japanese vs. Japanese so everyone has the same “ineffective” weapons. :smiley:

1 Like

What was the point of this post? This game isn’t about measuring who’s sword was the biggest.

Japan would be awesome. Its a fascinating setting and seeing an actual realistic game setting made of it would be awesome.

1 Like

I don’t know what posts you are reading but I never said any of those things, do a Ctrl+F over my comments if you don’t believe me . For the record Wootz in Indian in origin and Damascus steel is well… :wink:

EDIT: sorry auto-corrector.

How about going back to topic guys?

Here is interesting fact which some of you might know.
Traditional japanese battle had strict order. Their, as someone mentioned above, style of fighting was dueling. but before they started they had to shout out their name, clan (or whatever) reason why they are fighting and added other stuff (just like in anime or manga). Then enemy proceded with the same precedure.
Funny thing is that when era of dueling ended and battles were more like ours there was still group of traditionalists who wanted to fight the old way.
Result was that battle was divided to two sections: one which fought our way and the other which was condutcted by old rules.

That is something I find almost unimaginable to happen. Just imagine the sight.

Just to make the things right. This dueling was not the way of common soldiers but was conducted only by “higher” class.

The few other games I played in that setting (ink total war) have some (if not many) fantasy elements…
So sure I would like to play a A total conversion to a Japanese setting. (but still sticking to history and no fantasy)

1 Like

There has been such an indie game in the works for like a year now, not like I am following its process, not that interested in Japan. But I know about it, and here’s a link:

That movie is one of my favorites.

I’m sold :smiley:

Animations of KC: D wouldn’t work for a mod about kenjutsu.

1 Like

i think this game has a lot of potential for good mods. Like Mount and Blade did. That game was the uber-modded game, there were dozens of great mods.

1 Like

I’m much more interested in European History for a game, most likely because of my European ancestry. I’d also say that there’s actually a lot of Japanese historical era games out there though they tend to not be realistic. I’m one who sees Japanese history of overly glorified, although it is interesting. This is another one of those examples for a game that I’m lukewarm about. It’d be 10 times better than most of the games being made now, but still better if based in Europe

4 Likes

m&b mods were great because the game was simple and easy to mod for, the game was pretty crap,especially concerning historicity, and improvement was easy. but the tools made by community really were easy and intuitive. i think good tools is absolutely essential.

Why Japan? There are lots of historical events that haven’t even had a glance while games featuring samurai and ninjas are a dime a dozen. Why not something in the Dark ages? That’s a time period that I have never seen in a game.

5 Likes

Why not Japan? Its not like the modding community only gets to make a single mod…Thats the best part about PC gaming. I’d personally like to see a campaign made from multiple eras, with different types of weapons in each one. We could have a realistic victorian era game, medieval european game, tribal indian game spanning across the americas. so why the hell SHOULDN’T someone make a mod based on feudal japan. I for one would love to see the oda clan unify the east.

2 Likes

Sure a modding team could make a game based in 16th century japan (or earlier), I just find the setting to be overdone.

That’s the nice thing about it - if people make something that interests them, the rest of us can either play it or not.

1 Like

good luck making new combat animations for kenjutsu.

1 Like