Kingdom Come: BUSHIDO

We’re both Barons here, we can get along! Even if you don’t like the same things I like. I’d just hate to see the creativity of people stifled because “its been played out” or “Its boring.” Interesting to you or not, I find the setting very interesting, and would play the crap out of it. Granted I’d probably play the crap out of a colonial america mod as well, the revolution wasn’t done justice with assassins creed

Ah yes Assassin’s creed 3, the English are evil and the Americans are slightly less evil. People can make what they want, if they want to and I believe that modding is great thing for a gaming community even if something is not to my taste. Oh and being a Baron, feel that conflict would be detrimental to the realm.

I would like to see such a game in japan with the samurais and that stuff. I would surely play it.
But another era that i think is interesring would be the 3 kingdoms war of china, after the han dynasty has fallen. The only game that does that is “dynasty warriors” and i was really addicted to the story :u5408:
But finaly this game was just an hack&slash with an interesting story and multiple endings.

When I saw this idea I got goosebumps :smile: . I wonder if Warhorse is willing to make a whole series out of these games and immerse us in different medieval worlds: Japan, Greece, Egipt or even Maya.

But not a single one anything like this game, really - realistic and authentic with unique combat system.

I’m of Israeli descent, but I would love to see warhorse produce a game on an historically accurate Feudal Japan. While modders produce great things and can improve certain aspects of games I don’t trust them to make a total conversion with the same degree of knowledge and accuracy to produce the game I’d hope for. As you can see with warhorse they go to the region they speak with the people they do their research thoroughly it’s an incredible work of art. I would not want to play total conversion mod of this game perhaps even any mod for this game I think it stands on it will stand on its own two feet well enough.

I would love a Japan mod I actually wanted to make a thread to request it. BTW the japanese armor are extremly strong bullets from a 5mm cant shoot through them…and the katana was so strong it cant be recreated now. In fact noone knows how people actually created katanas…(at least this is what ive heard…) The Japanese are awesome and I would love a mod of this kind. + there should also be kanji, hirigana and katakana option for reading! :smile: please someone make it!!! :smiley:

I would only be game for this idea if it took place during the 15 hundreds when the Europeans arrived with their muskets and swords and you got to play as a Japanese peasant that witnessed the blend of the cultures firsthand. That’d be cool.

Not only that, if you’re looking to historically model the warring period in Japan the mainstay weapons were two handed spears like the yari and naginata, not the katana. The katana was something more akin to a sidearm. So the animations would be even more different than what they’ll have for KC : D.

While I love your enthusiasm and I also love the katana as a sword it’s not as great as you’ve been led to believe, the iron used was not a very good quality iron, and it actually can be recreated (perhaps without the proper runes or chanting). Longswords and broadswords might seem lame to us Japanese enthusiast, but they are proper swords and you likewise need a good deal of skill to use them effectively. Also, like with any blade, they can kill just as effectively to.

I dont know how accurate this is but according to this guy katanas are better.

I personally would like a Kilij and not a katana or longsword.

Here’s a video saying why they’re not and he’s pretty accurate. A real sword enthusiast.

2 Likes

haha that’s r lee ermey from full metal jacket, he hosted a show on history channel that was largely entertainment and targeted at casual weapons history enthusiasts. they did some techniques, such as using a dull as hell sword, in order to make the katana look superior. at the time, the viewership was determined to be american teenagers who thought every piece of crap from japan was the greatest thing in the world.

1 Like

Please redo the link it wont let me watch it it says validation failed…

Also as a personal preference i think kilij beats both katana and long sword. Reason = Vlad the Impaler enough is said.

1 Like

fixed thank you for mentioning it.

BTW if you are doing this make the animations ninjustsu art…there the real martial art that the ninja and samurai used, the martial art includes arts like: Judo, aikido, tai jutsu ETC ETC the art in my opinion is also better then anyother martial art I have done or seen.

I would like to see ancient China. Let’s say Tang dynasty. The Sengoku jidai is interesting, true, Tokugawa Ieyasu and Oda Nobunaga being two of the most interesting warlords in human history but there are many games dealing with feudal Japan but just few set in the empire of China which was the true counterpart of Europe and absolutely fascinating civilization, the most developed in the world until the Renaissance / late Ming.

1 Like

I’d be interested in that. The closest we normally get to China is Dynasty warriors, and I’m pretty sure that’s fiction.

And after what the Chinese president said to artists this could be more rare.

I’d love a Suckerpunch Mod. :stuck_out_tongue: