Kingdom Come: BUSHIDO

They actually made there own steel and i do agree the katana is over rated. But you make it seem like a shitty sword when it is the farthest thing from a shitty sword. Where are your sources from. Where does it say they wore european armor??. You can watch tests done against their armor it holds its own quite well it also it would be much lighter than european plate and you wouldn’t die of suffocation/heatstroke. Yumi bows have been proven to perform better than the english longbow. Katanas were slashing weapons and even people who dislike the katana agree its a good cutting weapon. People used to say the katana was the greatest weapon on earth which we know is not true but now they go to far the other way and pull things out of their ass like you are doing now calling it a shit weapon. Its edge would have been harder than most due to the iron making it better for cutting than european swords. I like the design of European swords better because you can stab and its double edged and i just like the look better. So dont go calling me a fan boy.

1 Like

Right but he also doesn’t say its a bad sword like most people say it is now a days. People have gone to far the other way and say it was horrible and would just outright break in a fight.

1 Like

They made their own steel that wasn’t as high quality as european steel but it wasn’t bad.

1 Like

Im afraid right there is why people now hate the katana and say its a “garbage sword”. I highly doubt the armor could stop a bullet seeing how armor back then in both Europe and japan couldn’t stop musket balls have the time. We actually do know how katanas are created you can watch many traditional videos on the making of the katana in which they made their own steel because japan had a very low amount of iron. The steel wasn’t as high of quality of the european steel because they had more resources to use. I think it would be very cool if they made a game like this but i cant see this happening anytime soon or at all.

1 Like

Modders have made great conversion modds i suggest you check them out if you dont believe me. Many total conversion mods have been made for skyrim, mount and blade, and other rpgs. Mount and blade has a total conversion made for feudal japan that is very cool and it is extremely well done.

1 Like

Yeah they would have to do a completely different combat system because the fighting style was so much different.

And sharp?? A sword was as sharp as you wanted it to be. Different sword designs dont make a weapon sharper. You could take two completely different swords and make them equally as sharp.

Lol you just described every Japanese movie/game/show ever made.

You should really look up ww2 if you think japan has a history of discipline and serenity…

Skyrim blows theres really no reason to choose any race over the other besides different character models and slight bonuses. There was pretty much 5 types of buildings in skyrim… and it was generally cold and snowy everywhere… How many games have been set in Europe and the middle east?? The only ones i can really think of off the top of my head are strategy games.

Japan also modernized from a feudal society into a modern military and economic super power in about 100 years i wouldn’t call the pathetic because they were the last to laminate hard and soft steel…

They have never made a realistic game about japan though unless you count strategy games. An rpg that is realistic and not anime bullshit would be cool i think.

Everyone keeps saying they rarely used the katana please be the first to cite your source on this.

What are you talking about british evil Americans less evil???

yup I don’t get that either. No matter what side you’re on the other side looks evil. Even if both sides are doing what they believe is right and good for themselves and others. Don’t get me wrong I do believe good and evil exist and we see lots of evil these days. But to say a person is more or less evil than another is a difficult call to make and shouldn’t be made lightly. To American’s the British (their family across the pond) were evil in trying to oppress them by annexing them under the king and to pay unreasonable taxes which wouldn’t be used to help America. Also that they would have less control of their government than people across the sea. It didn’t help that British soldiers were complete assholes. Though no I wouldn’t say one is more evil than the other. The British empire had their reasons and america their own. Both were right in their own ways.

Absurd claim. British colonists were of course still subjects to the King.

There was no United States of America before the revolution. Just British colonies. Please don’t confuse the term America with the term the US of A. Read Pablo Neruda if you want another hint.
http://www.poemas-del-alma.com/amor-america.htm

True, the Revolution was the right thing to do. Alas the British were not able to understand so they still have those silly hanoverian kings and queens. And Dukes of Edinburgh.

You can say that about NSDAP or Stalin too. :wink:

I didn’t suggest there was a USA before the revolution. However some did consider themselves Americans, though more closely identified with their state of residence. Some did see themselves as “English” and others people of the new world. I suppose you probably thought I was inferring a united states, however that was merely a mistake in my writing I was intending American’s that would be the people of all the states even though they were not united under law they were united in their belief of freedom especially freedom from the “church.” Though all that said, this is further off topic than I like to take threads.

1 Like

i cant find the real episode. but this show how paper armor is betther then steel armor. It weighs less and its harder to penetrate. becuse of all the paper layers. the same principle as a bulletproof vest. and the katana sword was made to penetrate this kind of armors. so i will say yes the japanice katana and armor was superior to european conterpart

1 Like

combination of hard and soft steel in layers made the katana sword much tougher and flexible then the European swords. they dont show it in this video but if you bend the swords the katana can be bent much more before it breaks then the European swords

1 Like

bout were evil bout did slave trading grrrrrr :wink: