Kingdom Come Deliverance: Boarding The Hype Train?

It was my seventh birthday in 1995 when my brother took me to play Mortal Kombat and Top Gear, popular of that time.

My curiosity led me to know a true gem of LucasArt: Metal Warriors, a game I found beautiful, curious and difficult, without knowing I had started what would be fundamental part in my life, video games, since then I have played almost every day and Video games have been an important part of my life, thanks to them I owe my taste for music, my knowledge of English, and its application in education as a teacher.

I have known all kinds of games, from the endless ones and, in my humble opinion, masterpieces such as Skyrim, The Fallout saga, Arcanum, Diablo, etc … even the most recent ones that left me with a strange sensation, specifically No Man’s Sky, StarBound , Tomb Raider, among others.

Everyone in their own way taught me something very valuable: I must be prepared to be pleased or disappointed, but more than that is there is a great job behind each of these works.

My love for RPGs is evident, and the medieval moves me to levels that make me think that maybe I was a bard or a son of a baker in my past life, I got the joy with Mount & Blade and his detailed work at the time to graphically portray medieval life in such a beautiful way.
Late in 2015, in my desperation to quench my thirst I found a short video about a work in progress: Kingdom Come Deliverance, and I was disappointed to know that there was still much to be launched.

I moved away from everything about medieval (in terms of video games) and I focused on post apocalyptic open worlds (Fallout 4, The Last of Us, Mad Max, among others) but for things of destiny I always found this work that I had discovered yet incomplete over and over again.
It was then when I decided to visit the developer page, Warhorse Studios, an apparent nest of crazy geniuses working with passion on what they really are good on and enjoy, I read every Weekly Torch starting with Luke Dale and Martin Zieger, and I really fell in love with the work of this crazy company, however, and against my traditions, I refused to see any gameplay or anything about KCD, I avoided the spoiler at all costs.

I decided to contact the company via Twitter and unfortunately for them, they answered me and allowed me to translate some things, I wrote over 100 tweets a day where I translated into Spanish different things for the community of Warhorse, such as Weekly Torch, subtitles for Youtube, Opinion Articles, etc. Always making it clear that I did not want anything in return, I really do it because I enjoy it and because I see in every member of Warhorse Studios someone who does what I can never do.

It may sound very Hype or fanboy, but looking the work they have done, the trajectory that the study has gone through, the diversity and the brilliant people who work there, the technology they have managed to elaborate, the essence of making a video game with an unique standard: realism, and of course the graphics and gameplay that I have been able to see in some works I can state without fear that Warhorse has all the potential to become an unique element in the industry of video games and Kingdom Come Deliverance will be its banner and key that will open the doors of success, I don’t take any risk by saying that it will be The Game of the Year, it would be very ambitious, although I’m not saying it’s not possible, but KCD will make its own history and it will mark a milestone in the way people create video games. Good for Czech Republic.

Of course it is an opinion of a simple college teacher, lover of video games, but you can be sure of something, my instinct has never betrayed me.

With great emotion I have boarded the Hype Train, wishing soon 2018 to be able to acquire this master piece that will probably have some bugs in its beginnings but without a doubt they will surpass it without any problem and will take place in some very Important Tops…

Kingdom Come Deliverance: ¿Abordando el Tren del Hype?

Era mi séptimo cumpleaños en 1995 cuando mi hermano me llevó a jugar Mortal Kombat y Top Gear, los populares de esa época.

Mi curiosidad me llevó a conocer una verdadera joya de LucasArt: Metal Warriors, un juego que me pareció hermoso, curioso y difícil, sin saberlo había iniciado lo que sería parte fundamental en mi vida, los videojuegos, desde entonces he jugado casi a diario y los videojuegos han sido parte fundamental en mi vida, a ellos le debo mi gusto por la música, mis conocimientos sobre el inglés, y su aplicación en la educación como docente.

He conocido todo tipo de juegos, desde los interminables y, en mi humilde opinión, obras maestras como Skyrim, La saga de Fallout, Arcanum, Diablo, etc… hasta los más recientes que me dejaron una extraña sensación, específicamente No Man’s Sky, StarBound, Tomb Raider, entre otros.

Todos a su modo me enseñaron algo muy valioso: Debo estar preparado para estar contento o decepcionado, pero más que eso es que hay un gran trabajo detrás de cada uno de estos trabajo.

Mi amor por los RPG es evidente, y lo medieval me emociona a niveles que me hacen pensar que quizá fui un bardo o un hijo de un panadero en mi vida pasada, llegué al júbilo con Mount & Blade y su trabajo tan detallado a la hora de representar gráficamente la vida medieval de manera tan hermosa.
Tarde en 2015, en mi desesperación por saciar mi sed encontré un breve video acerca de una obra en progreso: Kingdom Come Deliverance, y me decepcioné al saber que aún faltaba mucho para su lanzamiento.

Me alejé de todo lo medieval (en términos de videojuegos) y me enfoqué a mundos abiertos post apocalípticos (Fallout 4, The last of Us, Mad Max, entre otros) pero por cosas del destino siempre me encontraba con esta obra que había descubierto aún incompleta una y otra vez.
Fue entonces cuando decidí visitar la página de los desarrolladores, Warhorse Studios, un aparente nido de genios locos trabajando con pasión en lo que realmente son buenos y disfrutan, leí cada Weekly Torch (Antorcha Semanal en Español) comenzando por la de Luke Dale y Martin Zieger, y realmente me enamoré del trabajo de esta compañía loca, sin embargo, y en contra de mis tradiciones, me negaba a ver algún gameplay o cualquier cosa acerca de KCD, evitaba el spoiler a toda costa.
Decidí contactar a la compañía vía Twitter y para desgracia de ellos me contestaron y me permitieron traducir algunas cosas, escribí un poco más de 100 tweets diarios en donde traduje diferentes cosas al español para la comunidad de Warhorse, como Weekly Torch, subtítulos para Youtube, Artículos de opiniones, etc. Siempre dejando en claro que no quería nada a cambio, realmente lo hago porque lo disfruto y porque veo en cada miembro de Warhorse Studios alguien quien hace lo que yo nunca podré hacer.

Quizá suene muy Hype o fanboy, pero al ver el trabajo que han realizado, la trayectoria que ha recorrido el estudio, la diversidad y genialidad de la gente que trabaja allí, la tecnología que han logrado elaborar, la esencia de hacer un video juego con un estándar único: el realismo, y por supuesto los gráficos y jugabilidad que he podido ver en algunos trabajos puedo afirmar sin miedo que Warhorse tiene todo el potencial para convertirse en un elemento único en el mundo de los video juegos y que Kingdom Come Deliverance será su estandarte y llave que abrirá las puertas del éxito, no me arriesgo a decir que será El Juego del Año, sería muy ambicioso, aunque no digo que no sea posible, pero si que KCD hará su propia historia y marcará un hito en la forma como se hacen los videojuegos. Bien por República Checa

Por su puesto es una opinión de un simple docente universitario amante a los videojuegos, pero pueden estar seguros de algo, mi instinto nunca me ha traicionado.

Con mucha emoción me he montado al Hype Train, deseando que pronto sea 2018 para poder adquirir esta pieza de arte que probablemente tengas algunos bugs en sus inicios pero que sin lugar a dudas lo van a superar sin ningún problema y tomará lugar en algunos Tops muy importantes…

4 Likes

Long story short. I was looking for medieval game, I found KCD, but realized it is still in progress, so I enjoyed different games that are very popular. When I got back on hype train, I translated some videos into Spanish language. I love this game and I think it is masterpiece by the look how developers are passionate about it. This will be one of the greatest games in gaming history.

And I think this is pretty common here, to be also very passionate as fan boy, because there is much to be honest. Developers promise game that was not yet delivered by genre and precision in details.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

‘[quote=“savvym, post:2, topic:33592”]
Developers promise game that was not yet delivered by genre and precision in details
[/quote]’

Best PC game award at Gamescom 2017, say no more, I’m officially on the hype train

5 Likes

The hype train is pulled into the station! All aboard?!

2 Likes